Yep, just 3 more weeks until our Relay. It's finally here and I can't wait. We had our first 'Bank Night' last night. This is where all the Team Captains show up and bring all the money their teams have been collecting over the last several months. We collected over $7000.00 from about 20 of the 30 teams we have!!!! I'm so proud of them all. We still have one more bank night in a week or so. We've also gotten $7500 in corporate sponsorships. Not quite as good as last year, but with the economy the way it is, I'm happy we've gotten that. There are still a couple out there that we haven't recieve yet from Wal-Mart and Wachovia. Hopefully those will be $2500 each since they are National Corporate Teams who didn't do a team. Our goal for this year was to raise $51,000K. I don't know if we'll make it, we'll see. Last year we raised $40K, but the economy was so much better. This year our Relay seems bigger with more teams and more participants.
You can see our Relay Website here!
So until Relay get's here and is over with, I'll be busy with meetings twice a week and getting everything in order. I'll post pictures afterwards.
PS....Oh yeah, It's official...our Iraq Team has raised $100 in online and offline donations!!!! Hemet, CA. Relay For Life has gone GLOBAL!!! If you want to make a donation to our soldiers who are not only fighting the war in Iraq, but also fighting the war against cancer while in Iraq, visit their website and make a donation to them. Click Here!
1 comment:
YOU GO GIRL!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment