January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is doing well and sticking to their resolutions!
We had a pretty uneventful evening. We got some movies from Netflix (Collateral, The Bourne Supremacy & I. Robot), stayed up until we just couldn't stay awake any longer (11:00). We opened up a bottle of Non-alcoholic champagne, toasted a couple glasses and off to bed we went. I sat there thinking to myself, how weird it is that one area of the country was in a completely different year than we were in. Those little things just blow me away. I'm strange, I know.
Well I liked 2 of the movies we got. I liked The Bourne Supremacy (which I didn't realize was the 2nd movie-so I'm really lost and now have to rent the 1st one-The Bourne Identity-to figure out what's going on) and I liked I.Robot. I'm not much of a Sci-Fi lover, but this one was really good I thought. Now I did not like Collateral-Joe did. It seemed to take forever to get going, and in my opinion, it never did. I just couldn't get into it, and I tried watching it twice. That sometimes works for me. I hated Lord Of The Rings the first time I watched it and fell in love with it the 2nd time so much, that I had to go out and get the books to see what happened. I read them in 2 weeks. I was proud of myself. They were really long. And now I have all 3 movies on DVD. Well that's my 'Critic's' advice for the night.
Well Rebecca's nose is doing much better, it's almost healed. I don't think there will be a scar. She's been quite a little turkey this weekend. Not behaving very well. She seems to go through spurts of acting this way. I have a neighbor lady that we go visit several times a week that we just love to death and she adores Rebecca. She always says how Rebecca is just so good and is always bragging on her to others as if Rebecca were her own grandchild. Well we went over on Friday afternoon, but not for long because Rebecca was being a meany. She was throwing stuff and throwing herself onto the floor screaming. I was panicking, because Roz's apartment is just like an antique gallery-it's beautiful. I just knew she was going to break something. Roz and I both just couldn't believe that this normally sweet little angel was being such a little devil child. But today was better. Not quite back to normal, but almost.
Well, I hope everyone is doing well and I hope your New Year is fantastic!