On April 2nd, our family lost a dear member. My sister, Lisa, lost her husband, and her children lost their dad. He was 42 years old. He was a good man. He worked the construction business doing dirt work, which he loved! He has two daughters, Katy-20 , Marque-18 and a son Jacob-16. 2 sweet Granddaughters, Suzanna-23 months and Desma-21 months.
I flew down to Texas on the 3rd and stayed until the 7th. I wished I could've stayed longer! That is why I have not posted lately. I really pray that they all get through this with as little pain as possible. I know they are tough and will make it through this somehow. And even under the circumstances, it was nice to see the entire family and catch up. I only wished it didn't take this to get together as a family. This ordeal makes you realize how quickly someone can be taken from you and why you shouldn't take your loved ones for granted. I'll make an effort everyday not to.
Rebecca stayed with her dad, and was watched during the day by my dear friend and neighbor-Peggy. She had a good time while I was gone and was well taken care of. It was a relief to know she was not traumatized by my leaving so abrubtly. I was more traumatized than she was-that's good. We got back on our schedule very easily and it's almost as if I never left. At least now I won't have to worry, should I need to leave again.
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment