
My Naked Baby!

Rebecca has learned to take her clothes off and attempts to put them back on, but gets too frustrated to finish. She does know how to remove her diaper but it just doesn't amuse her right now. I'm dreading the day when it does! Hopefully she won't do it while in public. Just yesterday she wanted to undress in the park. I stopped her before she got her shoes off-thankfully. She didn't understand why and was upset that I did that to her. She is very good at putting her own socks & shoes on. She's getting so big. It won't be long before she won't need me hardly anymore. I'm dreading that day even more.
Her vocabulary is getting bigger and she's picking things up when we say them only once, so we really have to start watching what we say. For instance yesterday I asked her if she wanted some pineapple and she said "pineapple?" It was cute, almost as if she was asking what that was. And she is starting to use her words correctly. An example is like if she almost falls while doing something she'll say "Whoa!" Or if something excites her she'll say "WOW!" or "Ooh". And of course she's using the word "No" correctly.
I have started a 'Healthier Eating' program. I hate the word Diet so I try not to use it. I started almost 2 weeks ago and I've already lost 11 pounds and 5 inches. I'm very proud of myself. I'm not eating less, in fact I'm eating more times a day, just smaller portions. I've cut out salt, oils, butters and dairy products. I've cut out simple (bad) carbs and started eating complex (good) carbs and I'm drinking 80-100 ounces of water a day. The first week I lost 9 lbs! I'm sure it was mostly water weight, but I'll take it anyway. I'm eating a lot of chicken and a little red meat, mostly because I don't want to gain a lot of muscle and that's what red meat does-adds muscle. I'm eating a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. It's really good, especially for Joe because he has high cholesterol. That's another reason why I'm doing this. Rebecca and I need him around for a long time so I don't need to sabotage him and his health. And growing up in the South I fry everything. So it's a huge learning process for me.
1 comment:
It's a good thing summer is coming so that she won't get cold when her clothes are off! :-) Congrats on your healthier eating, I need better discipline for myself!
Post a Comment