Well as you can see from my title, there's not much going on here in our household. But there's plenty coming up in the next few weeks...
Yesterday a bunch of people from Joes work got together and boiled crawfish that they flew in from Louisiana. 500 lbs of crawfish! I would imagine that that cost a pretty penny. I used to really like to eat crawfish but I've since decided I don't like them anymore. They're just too much work and they really weren't what I had remembered they were. I guess back when I used to eat them, I probably also had a few beers too and that probably helped me like them more. Who knows? Also the weather really wasn't that good. It started off sunny and warm, but it got cold and windy in a hurry and that made it even worse.
And this coming Friday we're going camping in Yosemite! I'm so excited. We're staying in a 'Yurt'. It looks like a tent, but it's actually a cabin with a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. You can go to www.stayatyosemite.com and see what it is. Again we're meeting some of Joes co-workers up there with their families and just chill in the outdoors. It should be a lot of fun. I hope Rebecca likes it. My goal is to get a tan on my legs!
Then on the 21st of this month we're heading to Texas for 2 weeks. My nephew is graduating high school and we're going to see him and just spend some time in our house. Joes sister & her son are also flying in from Colorado so it'll be nice to see them too while we're there. We're also going to be packing some things up and getting the house ready for our move to Southern California at some point this summer.
Well I have an update on my weight loss...in 3 weeks I've lost 12 lbs and almost 10" all over my body! I'm very excited. I went to buys shorts on Friday and I now wear a size 8! (my goal is a 6/7). I was in a 12/14. I just can't believe I let myself get that way. To be honest I was in complete denial on my size. I kept saying I still look ok, but I didn't. At the beginning I had to take pictures of myself to put in a book and that really made it sink in that I was lying to myself. I took pictures again yesterday and boy what a difference. I will never let myself get that way again. The first week I lost 9lbs. The 2nd week 2lbs and the 3rd week 1lb. As long as I'm losing I don't care if it's only 1 lb a week. I know that 1-2 lbs a week is healthy and anymore than that is not. I have 3 more weeks on this plan and we'll see how much more I lose then the hard part-keeping it off. At least now if I do gain some back I know how easy it is to get it off again.
That's all that's going on in our neck of the woods! I'll have a lot of pictures to post next week after we return from our camping trip!