October 26, 2005

Halloween Costume!

Can you believe I made this costume??? I can't. I had A LOT of help from my friend Rachel! I knew I wanted Rebecca to be a pumpkin and I really couldn't find any patterns of what I had in my head. So, Rachel came up with this one off the top of hers. In fact the whole thing is her idea...a fabulous one at that! I have a little bit more to do like add ribbon under her arms to keep it together or put snaps/velcro there. But for the most part it's done and she looks cute in it. I need to go and get her a black turtle neck shirt and she'll wear black pants and black shoes under it. She's ready to go trick-or-treating! I've been trying to teach her to hold her pumpkin and say it, but all she wants is the candy that will go in it. After a couple of times ringing doors and saying it, she should get the hang of it...hopefully! We're planning on going over to Rachel's house and go trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. She lives in a new developement, so it'll be neat to see all the ghosts and gobblins over there! Her 7 year old daughter is going as a cheerleader and her 2 year old boy is going as one of the monsters from Monsters Inc. They're all going to be so cute together. I'm sure I'll get tons of pictures and post them for you all to see. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Stahl family said...

What a cute little "Pun'kin Patch" as Jayden would say. You and Rachel did an amazing job!

Anonymous said...

Kayleigh said "mommma..BECCA"!! Julie, you guys did a great job! Can't wait to see more pics. have fun!

Myldy said...

WOW!!! that pumpkin costume looks terrific!!!!! You both did a great job...I'm proud of ya Julie!! ;)
I can't wait for more pictures. Give that little punkin a kiss from Nana Newman!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome costume! You guys did a terrific job! Have a great time trick-or-treating :-)