Need I say more? UGHHHHH!!!!!! What's up with this terrible 2 syndrome? I have completely lost control of my sweet little girl, and to be honest...I'm not sure how to get it back. When I tell her "You better stop!", she now just smiles and repeats it back to me. When ever we tell her not to do something, she does it even more. The last thing I want to do is not to say anything to her and make her think what she's doing is ok. Up until just the last couple of weeks, I would be able to correct her and she would listen so well. Not now. And what's even worse is she will not share her toys or anybody else's. We went to see a friend of ours the other day, she has an 8 month old, Rebecca was taking toys, books, etc. from the 8 month old and saying "Mine!". I really need some help from anyone who will read this...PLEASE POST A COMMENT! Anything will help! I do realize that the move is probably effecting her, but we've been here a month and she's just started this. October 20, 2005
Up for Adoption!
Need I say more? UGHHHHH!!!!!! What's up with this terrible 2 syndrome? I have completely lost control of my sweet little girl, and to be honest...I'm not sure how to get it back. When I tell her "You better stop!", she now just smiles and repeats it back to me. When ever we tell her not to do something, she does it even more. The last thing I want to do is not to say anything to her and make her think what she's doing is ok. Up until just the last couple of weeks, I would be able to correct her and she would listen so well. Not now. And what's even worse is she will not share her toys or anybody else's. We went to see a friend of ours the other day, she has an 8 month old, Rebecca was taking toys, books, etc. from the 8 month old and saying "Mine!". I really need some help from anyone who will read this...PLEASE POST A COMMENT! Anything will help! I do realize that the move is probably effecting her, but we've been here a month and she's just started this.
By
Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I know how you feel... Faith does the same thing to me every so often. She misbehaves the most in this manner when she is underslept/in huge need of a nap. That's probably not the cause but it's a thought to keep in mind if she acts up worst during certain times. I lose it sometimes and just scream at her sometimes but then that only makes it worse so I try to calm myself down from the anger and try to discipline in a normal tone of voice but with persistence.
An 8-month-old is just too easy for a 2 year old to boss around and it happens often in our household. If I feel Faith has the right to take something away (as in if it is a special thing to her or something Mika shouldn't have) then I explain that she needs to give Mika a more appropriate toy. When things get too ugly, I make her do a time-out (she has to sit still while I count to 100) and by the end of it when's more calmed down then we have a talk and I make her agree with me that she'll stop whatever it was that was bad and be a good girl.. and be nice. I'm hoping these are actually being effective.. i know it helps her calm down and I figured eventually the message will get across to her.
The thing about the move affecting her though.. I'm guessing she's feeling she's lost of control in her life...it's been a month so she's starting to feel this may be the new permanent thing and doesn't understand it is a transition. but unlike you she doesn't know what will be happening or what is currently happening. All that she is comfortable with is gone and she's rebelling and trying to exert some control of her own life...to the person she knows and trusts will always be there for her despite what she does (the only part of her life that is consistent). Faith had to deal with this too and we tried to constantly have talks with her about how we'll be moving to our new house soon and all her stuff will be back. Showing her pictures from her past so she doesn't forget it and knows that we didn't forget it either. I would say things like ... oh I know it is hard and things are different but everything will be okay. And also make fun routines out of the temporary situation.
In general, my husband also tries to let her feel in control of her life a little by trying to let her make decisions for things that don't really matter so much in the big scheme of things. I'm not so good with this because I feel she needs to know who's in charge. She rebels me more, go figure. But I'm sure a compromise is good on this.. and she kind of gets it between her parents.
I was reading in Parenting magazine that all 2's go through this nasty behavior. Jayden is there too. I can't offer much advice, but I empathize with you. We are in the same boat here. Fortunatly, parenting says they will outgrow it if we continue to be postive influences and have patience. (Yeah right!) :)
Post a Comment