November 28, 2007

An update...It's about time!

I know, I know! I've been getting emails "When are you going to update?". Well here it is.
Thanksgiving was good. Great actually. We invited over some friends and just enjoyed ourselves. It was nice not having to travel, however, it would have been just as nice being with our Family. But it didn't work out this year. We ate way too much and laughed quite a bit.
I experience my first 'Black Friday'. I got up at 3:45am and picked up my girlfriends at 4:30 am and we shopped ALL day! Got home about 6:30 pm...TIRED! It was neat though seeing all the people out and about that early. Didn't see any fights or anything which is always what you see on the news. You can find some real bargains at that hour. I definitely see why people get out and do it. It was fun and look forward to that being something I do yearly.
Rebecca is doing great. Finally went back to school this week. She really missed it the week she was off. I missed it too (ha ha). I'm so glad she likes it. She is doing really well. I picked her up a "Dick & Jane" book about a month ago and she is reading it by herself now with very little help. She has the most trouble with single letter words like 'A' or 'I'. She wants to sound them out, but her teacher says it's completely normal. I'm so proud of her and grateful she is so smart. She just picks it up so easy. Thank Goodness!
She is really enjoying her new baby kitty. We actually had Christmas cards made with her and her kitty. They'll be coming in this week. I can't wait to get them mailed out. I've been really good lately about having her pictures done...I just haven't been good about mailing them out. I've had pictures sitting around for months now waiting to be mailed. So when these come in, I'm sending them all out at once to everyone. We have her dance recital pictures, our Family pictures, her school pictures and now our Christmas pictures. What a lazy bum I am. But I hate the line at the post office! It just kills me that people go in there so unorganized and it holds up the line.
Joe is doing well too. He's been quite busy with extracurricular things. He's finally working with a Music studio in LA and getting his music recorded and copyrighted. The producer really likes his music, so there may be a good chance of getting one of the songs sold or possibly a record deal for Joe. He's going in this week and starting the actual recording. The producer is a founding member of Chicago and Kansas and works with a lot of well known people. In fact, he's working with Eminem next week. I told Joe to try and get me his autograph if he sees him. Not a big fan of rap music, but I like some of his stuff...not all of it. Anyway, that's really cool what Joe is doing. Finally following his dream. He's been on a real lucky streak lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if something came out of this. We'll see.
Me, I'm still very busy with Relay. We had a team garage sale last week and this weekend is the parade. So Friday we're decorating the float and Saturday we're walking in it. The Cancer Survivors will be riding on the float with the rest of the participants walking behind it. Then we're setting up a table in the park for 'Christmas in the Park' to hopefully spread the word about Relay and sign up some new teams.
My schedule for December is empty. Thanks goodness. Taking a break from every thing. The only thing I have planned is a Bunco for a Cure night. We'll play Bunco at my house with the money going to my team. It's a fun and easy way to raise money. So a few of us are throwing together some gift baskets for prizes instead of them winning the money. It'll be fun. Right now 12 people are coming...up to a possible 20. So that's a quick and easy way to make $120-$200 depending on how many show up. It's $10 person. Last weekend we held a garage sale and all the team members donated items for it and we brought in almost $600. So far our team is doing great. Our goal is $10,000. So we'll see. In my last post I put a link on there for online donations. If you can donate, that would be great. Even if it's just $10, it adds up fast. I appreciate your support. It's such a great cause and the American Cancer Society is a first class organization.
No plans for Christmas. It's going to be just us this year, but that's OK. Last year was so busy with our trip to Texas, coming home and then heading off to Hawaii. That this year, quiet is good.
Well I hope you enjoyed the update. I'll get some new pictures up soon!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I've been wondering about you guys! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything is going well!

Myldy said...

Well it's good to hear so much is going on there! Good luck to you all! Can't wait to get some pictures.
Take care, give Rebecca a big hug from us.