I'm better for the most part...thank god! Still have a lingering cough and my energy is slowly coming back, but almost 100%. Poor Rebecca has been on her own mostly all last week. She was so good, just playing in her room, watching A LOT of movies and being very helpful.
So on Friday, I felt pretty good that she and I went bowling. We met up with a friend of mine and her best friend and had a good time. We went bowling again today, but man I was sore from bowling on Friday. Who would've thought bowling would make you sore? I am! I didn't even break 100 and Rebecca almost beat me! There is a NASCAR league starting up on Feb. 6th that me and my friend Cheryl are going to go to and Rebecca is going to go to a Barbie league on Wednesdays starting the 4th. After 18 weeks, Cheryl and I will get a leather jacket for our choice of driver (me...Jeff Gordon...who else?). And Rebecca will get a Barbie bowling ball and bag after 16 weeks. We're all excited. Fun times ahead. Joe didnt' want to join, it makes him way too sore. He's good though so that's a loss for us. But we'll turn it into a girls night out on Monday evenings. I'm going to go in tomorrow and buy my own bowling ball. Hey I gotta look like I know what I'm doing at least! ha!
Relay is only 60 days out! I'm ready for it to get here. All this work, I'm ready to see how it's all going to go. We've got a celebrity coming out to play an acoustic set for us. Frank Wright. He was the orginal guitarist for 'Chicago' and for 'Sonny & Cher'. He's Joe's record producer. We're starting to advertise him coming and the community seems to be excited. I hope it brings in a bunch of people who will donate a few bucks for the cause. I don't think we'll raise the $90,000 I was hopeing for. I was wanting to get 60 teams signed up, but we're just under 30...with only 2 months left to go, don't think we'll get it. But it'll be fun anyway. We've already got more teams than last year. It's progress non the less. Ready for it to get here and be over with. It's been a long 9 months so far since the end of our last Relay. It's been a great experience, glad I did it, but not sure I'll do it again...in this capacity. It's way too stressful.
1 comment:
Glad you are feeling better. I never pictured you as the bowling type, sis...but it's wonderful that you have an activity that you and Rizzo can enjoy together. I think it's awesome. It'll be a while before you get rid of the hack. Sorry! At least it didn't turn into pneumonia. Keep us updated on the relay. Sounds like you are making quite a difference in your community. I am so proud of my baby sister. You just don't know how much I brag about you. Everyone here at work feels like they know you just because of how much I talk about you and Joe and Becca. I have your pictures on my wall and bulletin board and....they think you are my daughter....:^)
Post a Comment