June 14, 2008

Rebecca swimming, learning to ride her bike & Update...


She will always stop to pose for a picture.

She's about ready to take the floaties off.

On her own.

My big girl is riding all by herself!

Things are settling in now. Finally got the Internet on today. Had to go with cable because the phone lines are messed up and DSL just wouldn't connect. It's nice not having to 'pirate' it from someone else's wireless. The connection just sucked! LOL!

Joe finished his second week at work and is really liking it. But that's about all I know. I could understand what he was talking about if it were a typical natural gas power plant because I worked on the sites too for 5 years, but this one is 'green' and powered with mirrors and is a whole different beast. I don't have a clue. As long as he's happy, that's all that matters.

Yesterday was our 10 year wedding anniversary and our great friends here (Paul & Kris) watched Rebecca while we went to dinner at Tahoe Joe's. It was nice having dinner and a couple of hours to ourselves for a change. It was so nice of them to offer too. I didn't even think of asking-so that was a very nice surprise. Rebecca had a blast with them too. In fact I think she may have been a bit spoiled by all the attention she got. She said today she can't wait for them to watch her again. HA! Look what you got yourself into Kris & Paul!!! At least I don't have to worry about her a bit while she's with them. However, I may have to worry about them. LOL!!

We went out and got Joe a few things for Father's Day today. Some of you SAHM's may understand this, but I always feel weird going out and buying him stuff when he's the one working for the money. I feel bad that I don't have my 'own' money to go out and buys stuff for him. I know I work here at home and his money is my money, but it's just not the same as when I actually worked for a paycheck. He's hard to buy for too because his hobbies are way expensive. Hot rods, Guitars, etc. It's not like I can just go out an buy something for him for those things. He's got it all already. So we end up getting him things that he 'needs'. Tennis shoes, wallet, etc. I know he expects the same stuff every year or at every birthday, Christmas, etc. Oh well. I did get him a 100 piece puzzle from Personal Creations with his and Rebecca's picture on it, but it turned out shitty. And since it was 'personalized' I can't send it back. Oh well, Rebecca loves puzzles and will have fun with it. It's the thought that counts right?

Back to our Anniversary, he got me some really cute diamond hoop earrings. I love them. I'll take a picture and post it...one day. I love getting jewelry, but he doesn't do it often so I appreciate it when he does.

Well that's my update. Now that I have good Internet, I can post more often. Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow - no training wheels - HOORAY Rebecca!!!!! She poses so well for pics... Gabrielle's a stinker about that right now!

I totally know what you mean about feeling weird going out & buying stuff for your husband - it's so hard for me too! That stinks about the personalized puzzle. I did a puzzle (pic of the kids) through Snapfish for my grandmother & it turned out fantastic.

Happy 10th Anniversary! Diamond hoop earrings sound perfect to celebrate 10 years!

Anonymous said...

Go Becca! So, when does she get her own Harley?

Baby Sister...the trick is let Becca buy him something. The gift from you is something from your heart...his fave cake, something he loves that you haven't made in a while, a massage, a great picture of his camaro or his bike. Maybe a pic of his car & bike & guitars done up really cool in a bad*** frame....c'mon miss scrapbook!

I forgot your anniversary...I sorry! Happy 10th to you and Joe. I have that family picture we took at your wedding on my desk. The one that Mom had.

Love you!