June 04, 2008

We're here...

Finally. Things are getting unpacked slowly but surely. Starting to feel like home, somewhat. Trying to get the phone and internet hooked up but there's issues with the lines in the house. So I'm using someone's wirelss internet connection that's close. It works most of the time. If they can't get it working today then I'm cancelling it all and going to get a PC Card for the wireless laptop and just use our cell phones.

Rebecca is adjusting well. She loves the big backyard. She's starting to learn to ride her bike with no training wheels back there. The grass is short like a putting green so it's easy to peddle and the fall is not as hard as the street. We're going down this week to get her registered for Kindergarten. The schools here are exquisite! We got really lucky there.

Joe's job is going well so far. He's learning all the new software and reading blueprints all day. He knows quite a few people there already from previous jobs.

Well that's a short update. Will update more when we get the internet thing worked out!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Woohoo! You're there! Thanks for the update. Can we see pics of the new place once you get unpacked and settled (and an internet connection!)?

Glad to hear that Rebecca is adjusting & liking her new backyard.

Good luck with all the unpacking!

Anonymous said...

Finally, sister! I'm so happy all is going well. Still wish ya'll had moved back to Texas, but hey, You know I understand that ya gotta go where the work is. Love you so much.
Go Becca, Go Becca! Hate to say it, but now that she's mobile, she's gone! But it's great she's got the back yard to explore and enjoy!
Hugs and Kisses to ya'll. I'll email you cuz I have some awesome news and I know you will be so happy and excited!