Oh my gosh, I am so excited! I am off to Dallas tomorrow to meet up with one of my longtime best friends to go to the NASCAR race. She had an extra ticket (her husband decided he didn't want to go) and asked me to join her. So I'm off to a weekend with just the girls. Her brother-in-law and his wife have a 5th wheel that we'll be staying in right at the track. No getting up at 4:00 am to drive to the track to try to avoid the traffic of the other 250,000 people trying to get there.
Texas Motor Speedway has been open now for about 8 years or so. But this is the first year that there is a race in November. When this track was built it was under the impression that they would have 2 races a year, but Nascar didn't come through...So TMS sued. It took many years, but finally Texas got their 2nd race. There is a spring race in April and now a fall race in November. My man...Jeff Gordon...has not won at Texas yet. In fact, Texas hasn't been good to him in the past. One year he crashed and broke his ribs and other years he crashed and just broke the car. BUT, the last couple of years he's improved and finished in the top 10. I HOPE HE WINS THIS TIME! How neat it would be to be at a race where he wins. I get butterflies thinking about it.
I know everyone is probably rolling their eyes and yawning reading this thinking how boring it is to watch cars go round and round and round. But if you ever get the chance to go to just one race you should. It's amazing...the sounds, the smells, the people and the whole environment is great. I just love it.
So anyway, I leave in the morning and I'll be back bright and early Monday morning. Rebecca and Joe will have a fun time having much needed father and daughter time, and I'll get my much needed 'ME' time. I will be missing them both 2 hours after I leave and ready to get back to them. But you have to get away sometimes just to appreciate what you have. That's what Dr. Phil says anyway.
I'll post pictures when I get back and tell you everything!
4 comments:
I completely forgot this was the weekend! Have a great time and hope Gordon wins :-)!! I went a few years ago to a race and it was defnitely an experience. Looking forward to the pictures! Enjoy.
daniela
Have a great time!
Well, I hope you had a great time! I was (sort of) watching the race as we had it on during the party. I missed who won though.
I know you'll love it!!! Have fun!!
Post a Comment