If you can't spend Thanksgiving with your family, spend it with the next best thing...great friends! First off, my poor Joe spent it by his lonesome (his choice-he thought it was too long of a drive just to have dinner), but he did prepare himself a Thanksgiving dinner, so that was good. Rebecca and I scooted off to San Jose and spent it with my dear friend Roz and her family. It was really nice to see them all again, especially Roz and most of my friends from my moms group. It was nice to see the kids and how much they've changed in 2 months. I can't wait to see them again!
Roz ordered dinner from Marie Calendars. It was good, but of course we added our own touches. And as with all dinners, there were plenty of left overs! Rebecca had a great time being back at the only place she has called home for so long. She even rode her bike to our old apartment and wondered why she couldn't go in. That was really sad. She played with Lindsay and Olivia (Roz' 2 teenage granddaughters) and had a blast! She also played with Peanut, Roz' puppy dog or puppy gog as Rebecca would say. All in all it was a great relaxing holiday.
Last year we went to Montana and had Thanksgiving with Joes mom and dad. I did miss being there this year. It would've been nice to spend time with them. And our plans for Christmas are still way up in the air. We would like to go back to Texas and get our house there packed up for the move to our new house here. But the close date is still pending and already postponed once and we don't know if it'll be postponed again. Right now it's scheduled to be completed on January 12th, but I don't know if it will close before then or after completion. I have a couple calls in this morning to hopefully get those questions answered.
Well I do have pictures to post, but I'll do that after I unpack and get a bit more organized...which means in a few days! Talk to you then! Hope your holiday was great too!
No comments:
Post a Comment