Rebecca started her first day of pre-school today at KinderCare. (I forgot to take pictures-darn!) She loved it! She is going 3 days a week (M-W-F) from 8-12:00. Today she made an apple tree, read some books, played outside and did some exercises that had something to do with touching her toes and knees (I'm sure there were head and shoulders in there somewhere). And they fed her a great lunch. She did really well when I dropped her off with the exception that I tried to take her Care Bear back to the car with me. But she did cry when I picked her up and she said "Mommy came back!" As if she thought I wasn't ever going to. But she says she's excited to go back-and that makes me happy. We went to Baskin Robins afterward to celebrate her accomplishment.
What did I do with myself you ask? Well...I went straight to Starbucks, got a Latte and a paper and sat down and read it. Then off to Walgreens to fill prescriptions, were I lolligagged around the store while waiting-peacefully. Then I came home and paid bills with out interruption and without having to use whiteout in the checkbook from miscalculations. Then I was able to pick up the house in record time, that includes vacuuming. And my friend Rachel came over and we visited and looked at magazines. We also went and put gas in her car (@ 3.17 a gallon) and had lunch at Taco Bell, all before Rebecca got out of school. What a GREAT day!
Tomorrow I have to get some fillings-yeah. And this Saturday I'm having a Home Interiors Party, so I have to plan that this week and go shopping for appetizers and drinks.
This weekend Joe and Dana installed sprinklers in our backyard. That is a lot of hard work. I'm glad Dana offered to help, because Joe and I would still be doing it. It's working great, we only have a few little things to do before we can lay sod...hopefully this weekend. After that it's the patio. We're going to lay bricks in a herringbone style. So we've had a busy weekend with another busy one ahead of us.
4 comments:
Yay! Isn't it awesome that they're having a great time AND you get more time on your hands!
I gotta jump on this boat with Kayleigh!! I am so glad to read how well it went, Julie! Give her a big hug and a kiss from us and tell her we're SO proud of her - that is awesome! I'm sorry I missed your call this morning..I'll call you back shortly :-). Love you guys!
Sounds like Rebecca loves pre-school & you love all the new time you have to yourself!
Happy Day! Gotta just love that they LOVE school at their age!
Post a Comment