Whew! Let me just start off by saying...I'M TIRED! Got back yesterday from being in San Jose for 6 days and from being in Glendale for 6 days. I took Roz down there to see her MIL again. She's not doing well and the end is near unfortunatley. It was a great visit though, because there were a couple of days where she was very alert and talkative and other days where she was feeling very sick. But what do you expect with her having stage 4 cancer. Roz had dealt with this before with her own husband. He past away from colon cancer and she's says they tend to get better or seem better before they pass. I just hope she's not in any pain and lives out how ever long left easily.
When we got to San Jose last weekend, we went over to her grand daughters house for her 16th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH! That was nice seeing them and Rebecca getting to see them. She loves Sarah. In fact she was talking to Sarah on her play cell phone today-still wishing her a Happy Birthday. Too cute! Let's see what else, saw some of my good friends. My friend Marcy had a new baby boy on Friday-what a cutie he was. It was so nice to see her and to see how happy she was. She has 2 twin boys already, but she didn't get to experience any of this with her first 2. They were months early and in the NICU for a couple of months. So just seeing her there getting to hold this normal sized baby with no wires attached was great for her. CONGRATS MARCY! I took Roz' grand daughters out to see 'Cars' to show them how much I appreciated there playing with Rebecca. It was just as great the second time seeing it as it was the first time. I love Mater! He's my favorite in the whole movie. He reminds me of some of my family! Or does he remind me of myself?? Anyway he's a good ol southern boy just like me. He brings out my drawl! I also sat out in the front of Roz' and we had drinks with her/my old neighbor Matt and chit chatted. That was fun-like old times. I really miss living up there, but hey what can we do? We also had dinner with Roz' son Eric and his girls for his 43rd birthday at Marie Calendars! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!
So that's it in a nutshell. Nice trip but glad to be home. We miss Joe terribly and my house needs cleaning. Joe did a great job keeping up with it, but the dust is horrible.
3 comments:
I'm glad you're back. Sounds like you've had a very full couple of weeks. Is little miss Rebecca glad to be home? How is the little cutie doing?
WOW! You were busy busy! Now it's time to rest and relax at home!
So glad that you were able to have a great time while in SJ and I'm also glad that Roz had a few good days with her MIL. That is a peaceful time. Yes, when the end is near the ill ones do tend to have great days for visiting with family and friends. It's a good thing. Great that Marcie was able to experience a normal delivery and had a healthy boy. What's his name? Happy Birthday Jayden!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment