At Disneyland with 'Minnie'Well my niece(s) came and went. They arrived on the 16th and left the 22nd. It was a fantastic trip while they were here. We did so much. The short version: San Diego Zoo, The Ronald Regan Presidential Library, Hollywood, Rodeo Drive, Dodger Stadium (Will Ferrell was shooting a movie there), shopping, nails and last but not least Disneyland. We ran out of time and the weather sucked-so they didn't really get to see the Pacific Ocean. Next time. We didn't do Las Vegas either because of construction on I-15 which would've caused even more traffic. We'll do that one next time too.
The girls were a lot of fun and gave me a lot of laughs. They met in college their freshman year. They were room mates...about 8 years ago. They've been best friends ever since. So Danielle isn't only her friend...she's family. Love them! I'll be planning on going out there this summer to see them all again and making my way down to Georgia to visit Rachel and her family too since it's only a couple of hours away. Looking forward to that. So Rachel...get ready...probably July or August.
Here's a few pictures. I will elaborate a bit on my most favorite part of our journey this week. The Ronald Regan Library. OMG! What a fantastic place! I literally cried when I saw Air Force One in person. It was so cool. Every thing was 'real'. Very little was a replica in there...everything original down to his many jars of Jelly Beans he ate on a daily basis. The gift shops were cool too. If you don't live in California and manage to make it down here for Disneyland or whatever...make time to go see this place in Simi Valley. Amazing! I also saw that there is a Richard Nixon Presidential Library. I'm definitely going to go see that one too. If it's anything like Regan's, it's going to be great also!
2 comments:
Great pictures! I like your bangs. I haven't seen you with them that short! I think the kids and I will be in California in July so lets make sure we coordinate timing! I do want you to come here to see our place and visit. Glad you had a great time with the gals! Miss ya! ~Your Georgia Peach~
Sounds fantastic!!! Looks terrific...I didn't know about the libraries being there either....that will be quite the experience. Glad you all had a great time.
Post a Comment