What have I been doing?? Well let's see....
Rebecca and I have both come down with a stomach virus. Fun! At different times thank goodness. It's really going around here. Glad that's done and over with. Took me a good while to recuperate. I swear, the older I get the harder it is to be sick.
Got over that, then got into something yucky in the backyard. So for 5 days, I've had a terrible, itchy, stinging rash under both armpits and on the inside of my left thigh. I just showed up at the Dr. Thursday morning begging for them to see me. He did...no way could he turn me away after he saw it...his words-not mine. He prescribed a steroid cream...didn't work...made it worse. Calamine ended up doing the trick-and being half naked for 2 days.
Let's see...I ended a friendship with someone I thought was a friend. It was a long time coming anyway. She always said or did something that really bothered me over the course of our so called friendship. It came to a head and I ended it. Actually it's quite a relief. I'm proud for standing up for myself for a change. I never had a problem standing up for myself until I met her. It was something about her 'Holier Than Thou' attitude that made me back away from my feelings and I took the comments. However it still saddens me that I thought we were better friends than she apparently thought. Oh well, what are you going to do?
Rebecca's got a dance recital next Saturday. It'll be her last too. I'm taking her out so that I can put her in Pre-K 3 full days a week. It costs too much to do both, so I had to choose. She needs this experience before the real thing starts next year.
We officially got the For Sale sign in the yard. 2 weeks now and no lookers. They said it could take up to 4 months. Then I hope we're headed back to Texas where life is more affordable.
Rebecca's birthday is 2 weeks from tomorrow. We're having her birthday at the bowling alley on the 25th and then we're flying to Denver for a few days to visit with Joe's Mom and sister. Rebecca will spend her actual birthday with family for a change. That will be nice. Then my best friend, Leslie, is coming in town for 5 days on the 1st. On the 2nd...we're going to the NASCAR race in Fontana!!! I'm so excited. I have a sitter lined up for Rebecca all day long, so Joe, Leslie and I can enjoy ourselves. I look forward to when she is old enough to go and enjoy it.
That's it for now.
5 comments:
I love catching up - so sorry to hear about all the yucky stuff - the virus, rash & ending the friendship. But I know what you mean, sometimes you have to make a choice and I prefer to use my energy on relationships that feed me rather than drain me. If that makes any sense. Anyway, good for you for standing up for yourself - I'm not very good at that so it's a quality I really admire in others.
Oops, hit "publish your comment to soon" - your plans for Rebecca's birthday sound great! I'm so glad she'll get to be with family for her birthday this year. That makes it so much more special, I think.
Things have a way of working out for the best. Just sorry it had to happen. Glad the itch is gone! Thank God for Tecnu.
Have a great trip up north and give that little princess and big hug from Paul and me. Happy Birthday Rebecca!!!
Lots going on! First and foremost, I hope you're feeling better. I agree with what Violet wrote - and I too admire you for the decision you made and seeing it through, and the end result of how you felt. Have a wonderful time bowling/visiting family for Rebecca's Birthday! 4, can you believe it?! Wow. Love ya!
OMG I need to read your blog more often! I hope all is well now (seeing as it is 2 weeks later)!
Happy Birthday, Rebecca!
Hugs and love!
Post a Comment