February 24, 2008

Jeff Gordon Fan Event!!!!



OMG!!! This was the best night ever!! I was a huge Jeff Gordon fan before, but now that I've actually met him and spoke with him, I'm an even bigger fan now. He was SO NICE!!! Everything you see about him on TV is right. He's nice, gracious, takes his time with his fans and he loved my daughter. Leslie won a pink Gordon kids hat and she gave it to Rebecca. Pink just happens to be her favorite color. So she walks up to Jeff, hands it to him and tells him point blank "Jeff, Pink is my favorite color!" So Jeff says "Well I thought maybe purple was your favorite color because you're wearing a purple shirt." Rebecca replies back in a very sassy way "Ahhh...Noooo...Jeff, Purple is my Moms favorite color!" She said it like he should've known that because we're all such best friends. He laughed and took some good pictures with her.

Now when I get up there he doesn't want to know about me all he can talk about is Rebecca and how stinking adorable she is. He went on to tell me what she said and I went on to tell him that she had said she wanted to come up and give him a kiss. He thought that was great.

NICE, NICE, NICE, NICE MAN!!!

We all had a great time. They served a really great meal of roasted chicken breasts, pasta, potatoes, salads and some really yummy desserts. Of course we had all the Pepsi products we wanted.

Good times!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How COOL!!! I was trying to watch the race yesterday (we had lots of company) and not be rude to our guests and I thought about y'all with every raindrop that fell.....can't tell at all that you are excited...but what was that shy pose you were pulling when you were on stage with him? Too many people watching to just throw him down, huh? Maybe next time! I'm so glad you all had such an awesome time! SIS LISA

Myldy said...

I'm sooo glad you met your hero....but what no kiss?? Julie! I thought you would. LOL LOL
Rebecca sure looks great with him. I'm so glad you were able to experience all this.

Lisa said...

Wow, that is so neat that you got to meet Jeff Gordon! What an awesome experience for you! I'm not into NASCAR or know much about Jeff Gordon, but from what you wrote he sounds like a real sweetheart!

Stahl family said...

OMG!!! TOO COOL! And, of course, he is right....Rebecca is ADORABLE!