February 05, 2008

Pictures, pictures and more pictures...


Well I've been promising some pictures...here they are.
One of the very few things California has is our fantastic weather...In the winter time. In the summer here it get's really hot. We've felt 124 degree heat, but the winters are good. This has been a great year because we've actually been getting some rain...lot's of it. I heard on the news the other day that we've already exceeded Seattle so far this winter in our rain amounts. That won't last long, but we'll take it. Even in the areas where the fires were in October, are starting to get green already under all the burnt brush. It's lovely. It's different here because growing up in Texas, it's green in the Summer, brown in the Winter. Backwards here. And living in the middle of the desert...it's brown. But looking out my front door I have this beautiful mountain covered in snow. I love it. We didnt' have that last winter because it was so dang dry. It's a sight. I love and appreciate the mountains everytime I go outside or take a drive. It's so flat where I grew up. So just over that mountain is Palm Springs, about 25 miles away. And in that there mountain is a town called Idyllwild. I hear it's beautiful and after 2 years, I still haven't been up there. Brad Pitt is suppose to have a home in Idyllwild. In fact a couple of years ago my friend Cheryl was on patrol up there (she was a Riverside County Sheriff until becoming a SAHM...her husband still is), she saw him come in a bar there and took a lovely picture with him. They both look really cute.

The slideshow is from Birch Aquarium in La Jolla, CA. We went there yesterday to visit a great friend (Peggy Townsend...some of you who read this know her-she says Hi to you all) who came in from Conneticut. La Jolla is a beautiful, very expensive town. We walked into a Resale shop...pants $189!!! Second Hand people!!!! So what if they were Gucci or their purses (used) were Luis Vitton. Who cares...it's used! PLEASE!!!!
I want to send a shout out to Kris who is about to undergo surgery Thursday to remove breast cancer. (Some of you who read this know her too). Good luck! I'll be thinking of you. I know you'll be fine and just think when it's all said and done...one of these days you're boobs will look out again and not down! Ha ha! Only women who've had children can say that to one another!! We should get our boobs done together! What do ya say???

3 comments:

Myldy said...

Thanks for the RAH RAH Julie! Appreciate it. Will email you when I get home....can't wait to get the perky ones! It'll be awhile but they will arrive! LOL
Love that view of the mountains...I do miss the mountains more than I can say..it being flat as a pancake here.
You take care!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous view!

Stahl family said...

Beautiful Pics!!

Heya back to Peggy and Kris! Prayers Kris!