We haven't been doing too much. It's been hot.
We're getting ready for school to start and Rebecca and I are both very excited. August 18th is her first day. She has really missed going to school this summer so she is ready. I've been having some fun school clothes shopping. I've been hitting up sales here and there and I think we've got about 10 outfits all for under $100. We still have shoes to get and that we'll go to Stride Rite and spare no expense for good shoes for her feet. Joe is funny about shoes and always wants her to have good ones. Has to do with him and his feet and leg problems he's had growing up. Once in a while I'll go to Payless to pick up a pair of sandals or flip flops. He usually doesn't notice when I do.
Also August 27th is her 5th birthday. We're having a very small party at the ceramic store on the 23rd. Her Grandma is coming in from Montana as well as her Aunt and cousin from Colorado. She has a couple of friends we've met here coming too. So we're going to be painting a ceramic, having cake and ice cream from Baskin Robins and we'll probably go out to dinner somewhere fun afterwards. Not big, but I think she'll enjoy it just the same. We're going to make up for the lack of friends with lots of presents though. And we all know that's really all that matters at the end of the day...presents!
Joe is enjoying his job out here. He's been working a lot. 7 days a week starting this week for who knows how long. The bummer with that is he's salary and doesn't get overtime. That sucks!!! Oh well. He's going to take some days off when his mom and sister gets here, so only a few more weeks for a day off.
He's still working on his CD with the studio. He's still looking for a singer. The studio had found one, and he was suppose to go in today and lay down some songs, but for some reason the guy double booked himself which really ticked off the studio and Joe. The studio is very busy and books things 3-4 weeks in advance so for this guy to not be able to show up and not call and tell them...sucks. So Joe found a guy out on his job site who gave him a demo cd of his songs. He sounded great and Joe is happy with him. So they are going to get together and work on the songs and then make the trip to the Studio soon to lay them down. Works for us too because Joe won't have to pay as much if any at all.
Well that's my update. Take care!!!
1 comment:
You are busy....yes you are. I am excited to hear about Rebecca's days in school. She's going to love it. She will also be the bell of the ball I'm sure. She's a cutie.
Post a Comment