January 10, 2007

Back from the Aloha State!

We're back and we're tired! What did I do today.....NOTHING! Happily too. I got caught up on a few shows. One show in particular I was excited about, especially since I met one of the 'former' actresses....from 'Desperate Housewives'! The whole trip was great...but that was the highlight for me. It was my very first 'Celebrity' encounter and I loved it, even though it only last a few minutes and I didn't have my camera. I always wondered how I would do if it ever happened, and happily glad to say I did well and didn't make an ass of myself! Anyway, if you're a fan of the show, the actress I met was 'Nora' (Kiersten Warren). She was the evil ex of Tom's who had his daughter and came back to start crap and died off only a month or so ago! She was really nice. Here's what happened...I was on the doc at Hawaiian Breeze waiting for the boat to take me out Parasailing. Joe couldn't go because Rebecca was too young, and he's done it before. Anyway, I saw this lady walk up with her daughter and I said to Joe very calmly...'Oh my god, that's the girl from Desperate Housewives!' But in reality...I wasn't 100% sure until she turned toward us. And when she got closer and said hi, I said "aren't you the actress from Desperate Housewives?" She very nicely said yes, told us that she was working on something new in LA and that her husband is in New York working on a new HBO show. (By the way her husband...don't know his name, but Joe saw him, was on the HBO show 'OZ' for 6 years and he was in 'Invincible' too...she told us that-I had no idea). She also said she was from Oahu and commutes back and forth. She introduced her daughter who turned 2 in November and talked to Rebecca. THEN...I had to go...that damn boat showed up right on time...why couldn't it have been late...I wanted to stay. So I shook her hand, told her I wished I had my camera. She said "I'm glad you don't, I look horrible." Then I got on the boat and Rebecca freaked out. She was so nice she even told Joe where a nice candy store was around the corner for Rebecca! So that was really cool for me...of course Joe could've cared less.
Other than that we saw and did: Waikiki Beach, Pearl Harbor, Haunama Bay and snorkeled there, Stayed at the North Shore and saw the infamous 'Pipeline' where the surfers attack 20' + waves, Joe golfed, The Childrens Discovery Museum, I parasailed and relaxed a bit. On New Years Eve, the Okamoto family did fireworks and after a few drinks and a good buzz...I did too! That was fun and cool. The first 4 nights we stayed at the Okamoto's. What a treat that was. They were very hospitable. We tried foods we'd never tried before-that was interesting and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Joe was not as adventureous as me...hopefully he didn't offend anyone.
Well I can't seem to get any pictures to upload on this page...so try this link and hopefully you can see them! I'll try another post to get them up here!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what an awesome trip! The pics were great!! Parasailing looks scary, but I bet you got a terrific view! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time. I've never been to Hawaii, but we're planning to go two summers from now. That is so cool that you had a celebrity encounter. I love Desperate Housewives, so I know exactly who you're talking about!

Stahl family said...

What a super fun trip! Loved the photos! Parasailing looks like fun, too! Glad you all had fun.

Myldy said...

Hey, glad you all are back and had a terrific time. The pictures are super and looks like you all had a gloreous vacation.
By the way I haven't had my eyes done yet....still waiting on that. Just had my eyebrows raised so it would look like I was awake! LOL
Meeting a movie star is great isn't it. I met David Soul...he took Jason to the bathroom after J announced to the resturant that he had to poop! I was so embarrassed! Oh well...life goes on.

Violet the Verbose said...

That sounds great! Thanks for the update - I feel like I had a little vacation just reading about yours. Very nice celebrity encounter, too! Mine have always been a little less personal - more like, "hey, look!" but I wasn't feeling bold enough to say anything. ha ha! Got a friend to help me out with one of them once, though, so I actually did meet the person (Claudia Christian) for a few minutes and took a picture with her.

Anonymous said...

It still amazes me that you had a celebrity encounter AND a conversation with the celebrity too! I know I would totally chicken out :-)

Jewl said...

Welcome back!! Your pictures look great, I wanna go!! :)