June 21, 2007

A few updates...

Father's Day
Come on Mommy....5 more minutes!
Eggo Waffle...again?!
I'm ready to hit the books (or the playground...whichever)!

Well Rebecca is absolutely loving her first 2 days of preschool! I'm so happy too, because our first bout with school last year wasn't any fun at all. This time though, she wasn't worried one bit that I was leaving and was excited to see me when I picked her up. She was so excited to show me her work. On the first day (she was only there a half a day) she made a really cute caterpillar and today she made a cross with a ribbon and wrote her name many times. Writing her name is nothing new to her, but she sure enjoys the crafts. I'm sure there's a lot of other things she's done, but all she says is she likes it. And when I ask her what she did she just says "I don't know!" I don't think I mentioned where she's going. It's a great little school called Community Christian and they teach her all about the bible too. I didn't grow up with Faith in my home, so I'm excited to be introducing it to her at an early stage. Maybe she'll teach me a thing or two.

And I'm also posting a picture of Joe and Rebecca on Father's day. We had lunch at the Roadhouse. It's as close as we can find to food similar to home in Texas. We love it! California definitely has a different spin on food here. We're still getting use to the different Mexican Foods. I'm adjusting...after 3 years!


Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's wonderful that Rebecca is enjoying preschool. She looks like such a school girl with that backpack on!

Myldy said...

I'm so glad that Rebecca loves preschool...Gives you your time too. Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Just love the pictures! I'm so glad to read preschool is going well. Kayleigh says that, too. I ask "what'd you do today"..she responds "I don't know" fairly often. Every now and again it gets a tiny bit more descriptive. Looks like Joe had a good Father's Day!

Stahl family said...

Us, too...we always get the "I don't know" response to "what did you do today?" Then it is immediately followed by which kids in his class he DIDN'T play with. Glad Rebecca is doing so well. And, she is adorable, too! Plus, I think she looks like you...especially in that picture on the couch. Her facial expression reminds me much of you! (I mean that in a good way!) :)