November 15, 2008

OUCH!!!!! %$@#&*!!!!!!!!!

So I'm on my way down South today for a Birthday party tomorrow for my little Pumpkin who's turning 1! (Happy Birthday little man!). So Rebecca and I stop at Targe to get her the new Kung Foo Panda to watch on the 3 hour trip. While there I realized I forgot somthing and we went back home to get it and to potty one last time. So while I'm trying to open the stinking video (they wrap them up so tight and put a million peices of tape on it) with a knife. I was in a hurry to get on the road and I slipped and off goes the top of my thumb.



This is a picture from Joe's phone. You can't really tell how bad it is because I put the flap back on the finger instead of it hanging there. I tried to lift it back off for the picture, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and Joe couldn't take the picture...MR. Queezy! I had to send it to my girlfriend so she didn't think I was trying to get out of going...she knows how much I hate that drive. LOL.
So It wouldn't quit bleeding and I was afraid that the skin would die and fall off so I had better get to the Urgent Care.
Get there and it's empty...the Dr. is sitting there watching Football. Ha. It was nice to not have to wait since it hurt so friggin' bad.
He decided it needed a couple of stitches but couldn't get some debris out from under the flap. Debris??? Yes people, I used a dirty knife from the sink to open the video. So he couldn't get it out and had to take the flap off all together. So now I have this gapping hole on the end of my finger that hurts like hell!
So now the numbing solution is wearing off and the pain is setting in.

6 comments:

Lori said...

ewww.. I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon.. that looks awful!

Stahl family said...

YOWCHIE! That looks like it hurts something awful! Take your drugs to keep the pain down and heal fast!

Myldy said...

OUCHY OUCH!!! Bet you won't use dirty knives again huh? So sorry that had to happen...but you must have been meant to stay home.

Take care sweetie

Cheeziemommie said...

omg ewwwww sounds really painful!!! how is it doing now?

The Bowden Family said...

That looks like it hurt. At least you're still able to type, lol! Hope it heals soon!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that happened! You would think they would make things a litle easier to open, I mean WE don't need "child resistant" for heaven's sake! Hope it heals quickly!...did it remind you of the old hair cutting days? lol