So Thanksgiving was GREAT! My great friend Michelle and her kids came on Monday and stayed until Friday. It was a lot of fun having them here and were grateful she drove all the way up here to spend it with us. I wished I could say I took a lot of pictures but as it turns out I didn't take any at all.
It was an exhausting week or two to say the least. All last week I worked up at Rebecca's school sorting and organizing canned goods the students brought in for needy families. Then on Monday I delivered to all of them...by myself. I was suppose to have helpers but no one showed up. I was super tired by the end of the day...and bruised up. It was worth it to see the grateful families I delivered to.
Wednesday I put up the Christmas tree and holiday decorations inside. I usually do it on Thanksgiving day, but this year I wanted to get it over with since we had so much to do on Thursday.
I started working on the turkey that morning at 7 am and we cooked all day long and looked at black Friday ads. Rebecca hadn't been feeling well in a few days, complaining of stomach aches and this night it seemed to be worse. So at 10:30 we took her to the ER hoping it wasn't appendicitis or something more serious. So after 4 hours of waiting (we got in quickly, but then an old man came in that needed some serious help and we were glad to wait), peeing in a cup, 2 vials of blood drawn and a chest x-ray, it turned out to be nothing but Acid Reflux. We're grateful it was nothing more serious. Now she just has to take a Prilosec if her tummy starts to hurt.
We got up and went shopping on Black Friday at about 8:30 and hit a few stores and got 90% of Rebecca's shopping done. This is the first year I can say I did that and it makes me happy. Just a few more things to get and a bit of wrapping and I'm all done. Even got all my Christmas cards done and they're ready for stamps on Monday. I'm WAY ahead of the game this year and I love it.
Tonight we put the lights up outside and it's beautiful. Every year for a while now I've always put up Blue Icicle lights. But this year I got multi-colored icicles and put different color lights on all the bushes. I have one purple, one blue, one yellow and two green. I love it. I put my 2 white lighted spiral trees out front. I'll take a picture and post soon.
Wednesday Rebecca had an American Indian day at school. They (all the Kindergarteners) were so cute dressed up as Indians and going from craft center to craft center learning how the Indians did things. I worked the bead center and they got to make necklaces out of colored pasta. It was quite fun to watch. I'll post pictures and video of that too...tomorrow if I get around to it.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment