December 02, 2008

Relay For Life 2009...Here we come!

Well it's that time of year again. Relay for Life of Hemet. I had a great year last year being the Event Chair. It was quite the responsibility, but one I will never regret. The only reason I didn't do again this year is because we moved. It really is a position where you have to be there. However, I'm the Online chair this year and keeping up with the website. It's something I dont' have to be there to do and I get to do my part and still be a part of the Relay that was my baby for over a year. We broke lots of 'records' with our Relay. I guess records isn't the exact word for it, but we were a great Relay. Last year I got the Rising Star Award (I couldn't have done it though without my committee...they deserved the recognition just as much), and just last month at this years ACS Summit in LA our Relay was given the 'Cirlce of Excellence' award. I wished I could've been there to accept it but since I went last year I couldn't. You can only go once. My Relay is even going to make it in a video the ACS is putting out on how we did it. I'm quite proud of it and hope the New Chair has just as much success. I'm helping out as much as I can and giving her pointers where I can.
Anyway, check out our website: www.relayforlife.org/hemetca. If you get the urge to donate to my team, check out Family of HOPE.

1 comment:

Stahl family said...

You rock, Julie! I admire your enthusiasm and tenacity! You are a woman who knows how to get a job done and get it done well! Hats off!