New Years in Vegas wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It was way crowded and drunks everywhere. If Rebecca wasn't with us, I may have been one of those drunks. Ha ha! It was neat going though. The lights were pretty and we had an amazing view of the Stratosphere from the room we had at the Sahara Hotel & Casino. It's not the best hotel on the strip, but for the money it wasn't bad at all. There's a lot of horror stories out there about the Sahara. Don't believe it though, it was a nice place. And for the money, you can't beat it.
We didn't do a whole lot. We walked around, took Rebecca to play at Circus Circus. Had dinner and watch the amazing fireworks show out of our window. I'd love to post the 4 1/2 minute video, but it takes WAY to long to upload to blogger. I have a few pictures. They're not that great because my small camera is no where as good as my big Canon, but it's more convienent to take around with us.
On the 1st we picked Gwen (Joe's mom if you don't know) up at the airport. We went to the Luxor (Amazing Hotel) and had some GREAT Mexican food at 'Tacos & Tequilas'. Then we went and saw the Titanic Exhibit. That was cool. I want to go back and she the 'Bodies Exhibit'. I've been wanting to see it forever now and when it was in San Diego I kept putting it off until it was gone. That will be in Vegas for 3 more years. So plenty of time to get there and see it.
We had a wonderful visit with Gwen. She left on Wednesday. Always sad to see her go. We did a whole lot of nothing while she was here. Hung out, ate alot, did some shopping, watched movies. It was nice and relaxing.
Today is the first day in a month that I haven't had something to do or have spent time alone. Joe was off for a month of vacation and Rebecca out of school for the holidays. Today, I'm still lounging in my pj's, haven't brushed my hair (or teeth for that matter...LOL) and I'm just taking in the quiet. I've done a lot of work today on the Relay in Hemet in April. Made a few phone calls, sent out a ton of emails, signed up a new team, and put out and Evite for a meeting on Monday. Pretty productive day for not leaving the house except to take Rebecca to school.
New York New York
Me and Joe
Gwen and I playing gin rummy
Gwen
Grandma & Rebecca playing Sorry
View from our room of the Stratosphere at night.
During the day
And with Fireworks
She LOVES Spongebob so she was really excited to see this at Circus Circus
You can't be in Vegas without seeing Elvis!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great time. Wish I could be there when you go in March but alas cannot....Haven't been to Vegas in 20 years. I'm sure it's changed alot. Glad you had a great time.
Miss you guys like crazy!
Post a Comment