This is such and amazing family and I love following their story.
Today...I went to Micheal's and Target to buy a few things to get ready for my weekend with my girlfriends. When I was checking out at Target, I got $10 back to grab some lunch since I hadn't ate take out in a long while. So, as I was leaving Target I was at the stop light when I notice a lady standing at the corner with her cardboard sign needing help. It really stuck me, because I have never really seen woman standing out asking for help. It's always men in my experience. NOW, anyone who knows me knows that I give when I can. This lady was not your typical...I don't even know what to call her...a beggar? I hate that word. Anyway, she was dressed nicely, had her hair done and her sign said "I just need help." So the light turned and passed her up thinking to myself "I have to go back and help her!" So I turned at the next light and went back into that parking lot and back out in the correct lane. I dug out my $10, rolled down the window and handed it to her. She was happy and shocked that it was as much as it was. (I really could just get something to eat at home). She said to me "God Bless you dear. When I'm not standing out here...I'm out looking for a job. Pray for me."
It could be anyone of us standing at that corner, especially in this economy. I can't imagine having to do it in California when things are so much more expensive than anywhere else. I hope she finds what she needs soon to get back on her feet.
Now..I did this long before I read Kayleigh's blog, but I wanted to tell my story anyway and would've too. So this was the perfect time to do so. Thank you for Thoughtful Thursday.
7 comments:
Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!
Julie, you are amazing. When you lived in SJ, didn't you give money/items to someone at the shopping center on Monterey Rd? You have a very generous spirit.
What an amazing story about Kayleigh! Thanks for sharing your Thoughtful Thursday story. You definitely are very generous & thoughtful!
Thanks for remembering Daniela! I did...every Thursday I went to get my carwashed just so I could run into that sweet man on the corner. I'd wash the car, get $5 bucks back to give to him. I did it for MONTHS...then one day...he just wasn't there anymore. Hopefully he's doing well and gave up his corner to someone else.
SUCH A HEART WARMING STORY!GOD WILL BLESS YOU FOR IT.
God has blessed you with a kind and generous heart!
This is AWESOME!!! You are truly an amazing person for this!
Post a Comment