April 25, 2009

Funny note from Rebecca...

So today we cleaned house, organized closets, moved beds in & out, moved my scrapbook room, cleaned out the garage, etc. The day came and went and before we knew it it was about 4:30 and Joe and I were STARVING! We haven't gone out to dinner in a long time so we thought it would be a good day to go eat Mexican food. Now, I don't know how Rebecca stays so skinny (it has to be her good metabolism) because she eats us out of house and home...seriously. Always has something in her mouth (not always healthy...those she sneaks). So Joe's gets in the shower and I on the computer while waiting and she come in saying she didn't want to go out to eat because she wasn't hungry and that we could eat here. #1. She's a homebody like her dad. #2. We have nothing to eat because I need to go grocery shopping but I didn't this week because she was sick. So she begs and pleads for us to stay home and finally she storms off to her room crying that we have to go to dinner. So a few minutes later she comes in with this note she wrote.

If you can't read her writing (or spelling) this is it in a nut shell correctly spelled of course:
"Dear Parents, you never let me choose where to go for dinner. You're the only ones that are choosing. So you are going to let me choose today. OK? That is what it is".
Now, this is funny stuff! She was dead serious and she knew to write it down because it would be less painful than if she said this to me. Because knowing her attitude and how mad she was that she had to go to dinner, I would have easily slapped her mouth for talking to me that way! She's a smart kid. Oh by the way "It is what it is" is one of my favorite things to say and I say it a lot and don't even know it. My friends make fun of me for it too!
So I ask her "Rebecca where would you like to go for dinner? And don't say McDonald's either". She said "Mexican!". Like it was her stinking idea or something. Oh good grief...give me a break people. I don't know how I'm going to make it to her teens much less make it thru her teens.
Hope you got a laugh out of this like we did. I had to share it!

3 comments:

Daniela said...

Thank you for the laughs this morning, this is hysterical! I can't imagine the expression/response from you and Joe upon seeing this..I love it! Hope you guys did have a good dinner, mexican or not :)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.