December 10, 2004

December 10, 2004

Hello to all! Hope everyone is doing well. We're great.
Not too much has been going on since our last update. We went to a Christmas party last night that Joe's company hosted. It was a lot of fun-for Rebecca mostly. Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause were there. They had appetizers, drinks, dancing and presents for the kids. That was really nice and unexpected. Rebecca got a Little Tikes phone system that records your voice and then you can play it back. She really likes it. But as with all of her other toys, she plays with it for a while and then is bored to tears with it. I don't know what to do about that. We spend a lot on toys, and she goes and does that. She also was dancing up a storm with the other kids too. Can you believe I didn't get any pictures! What was I thinking. She wore herself out.
Today, we're being hermits. I'm cleaning and doing laundry. I usually do all this on the weekends, but today seemed like a good day to do it. It's pretty ugly out. Not raining, but foggy and overcast. Just a lazy day.
Rebecca's had a pretty tough day. While I was putting in the laundry, she slipped by me (I didn't realize it), and got on the bed-which is really nothing new, but we're trying to stop it. When I went to get her off, she was acting silly and fell off, right onto her head. I thought for just a split second that she may have broken her neck, because of how she landed, but thank god she jumped right up and starting crying very badly. I gave her some Tylenol for the headache she was sure to get if she didn't have one already. Then she layed down at noon and slept until 3:15. I was glad when she finally woke up. I was kind of starting to worry that maybe she did hurt herself. But, she seems fine now and acting her normal sweet self. I'm letting her watch Barney for a bit longer today, since I feel a little guilty for taking my eye off her and her getting hurt.