December 02, 2004

December 2, 2004

Hello again!
Not much going on here. We're still trying to recuperate from Thanksgiving. Usually it's Rebecca who takes time to recover, but this time it's me. I just can't get motivated. I still have a partial suitcase to unpack-ARGGGH!
Well, Rebecca and I went and got decorations for a tree yesterday. We just need the tree now. I think we'll get it on Saturday. We're going to decorate it all red. Red lights, balls and some red poinsettia flowers. I still need to get a topper and a skirt, but other than that, it should be very pretty. I can't wait to see Rebecca's reaction to it. I think I'll put it together when she's sleeping so she can wake up to a surprise. This will only be the 2nd tree Joseph and I have ever had. Of course we'll have one every year now.
Rebecca and I also went out today and bought gifts for some angels off the angel tree that Joes work put up. That is a lot of fun, knowing you're making a great Christmas for someone, who otherwise wouldn't have one. I'm looking forward to when Rebecca is older and can understand and appreciate what we're doing.
On a sadder note, I'm not so sure we're going to be able to get back to Texas for Christmas this year. We're definitely not going to be able to make Grandma and Grandpa Raley's Christmas party. We're really bummed about that-we look forward to that every year. Plane ticket prices are just so outrageous and to have to rent a car on top of that, just really makes it unaffordable. But we still have a couple of days to decide.
Well Rebecca has hit another milestone-A TODDLER BED! She can get in her crib by herself and was trying to get out the other day. I knew that once she put her mind to getting out-she'd do it. So we went and got her a new bed. She hasn't spent a night in it yet, but she's taking her first nap in it right now. She thinks it's more of a toy than a bed. She likes to run and jump in it and on it. So I'm trying to encourage her to crawl into it, sit on it and lay in it and not the other stuff. We're getting there, it's only been a couple of days.
Well I hope everyone is well. Talk to you all soon!