March 07, 2005

Happy Hollow-Again!

It's like we have nothing else to do but go to Happy Hollow. It's fun. I think moreso for us than for Rebecca. She's pretty much over the whole idea of it. But in her defense, we have gone 4 times since Superbowl Sunday. But yesterday was such a beautiful day, I didn't want to waste it, and we have been to the park so many times last week that I thought a change would be good. She did enjoy her daddy being there with us. He had a good time with her and I had a good time not having to chase after her by myself. She enjoyed feeding the animals-as she always does. Joe likes to feed them too. I'd prefer not to-there's something about those slobbery tongues touching me-YUCK! But that's what's great about being a kid-they could care less about those things and enjoy every minute of it.
The weather out here is going to be fabulous this week. A high of 78 by weeks end. I'm so excited. I never thought I would be looking forward to summer so badly. BRING IT ON! I'm not going to take it for granted this year. I'm so tired of the rain, I can't stand it anymore.
There's no word on Joe's job and when it may end here or when & where we'll be going next. He's still on the books to go down to Riverside County, but that's not going to actually start for a long while (His portion of it at least). There's a rumor they'll break ground in September, but that's the underground portion-not related to Joe's portion. So if it all works out and we do go there, it probably wouldn't be until the end of the year. So we're wondering if they'll keep him here to help out with all of the start-up and commisioning until then, or will they send him/us to another project until that one is ready for him? Who knows. If I had it my way, I'd like to just stay here until they need him there. Because the thought of going somewhere else for only 6 months or so is unsettling. We've have made some really good friends here and the thought of leaving them really bites. But that's the life of working in the construction business. I guess there's pro's and con's to everything. I'm not complaining-it's the life we chose and it's very good to us.
Enjoy the pictures!