March 13, 2005

Spring/Easter Pictures

Well we went to have Rebecca's Spring/Easter Pictures done today. And as usual they turned out great! But she was such a little stinker and was extremely difficult. In her defense, I was not myself-let me explain why. We were the second ones in line to have our photos done (which is rare. Usually you have to put your name on the list and come back hours later-that's how busy they are), so we went and walked around a bit and let Rebecca play with some toys, etc... Well as it was getting closer to our turn I thought I would bribe her by giving her some of these little Jelly Fruit snacks made by Sunkist that were up by the register. I give her some at home that are similar but are a little smaller in size and made by Gerber. Anyway, I just gave her one without thinking and before I knew it she was choking! Normally I don't panic because I know it'll come up, but this time it didn't and she couldn't breath. It seemed like eternity when I finally FREAKED OUT! I screamed at the top of my lungs "Oh my god! Somebody help me-hurry!" And this man rushed right up and out it came. Now I don't know if he got it out or if she did, but this was the scariest thing that so far has ever happened. I just can't stop thinking about it. Anyway, I think because of all of that, this is why she was acting up and didn't want to take the pictures. We ended up having to quit for a bit and let someone else go ahead of us. But all ended well and we got great pictures again. And I'm going to find a choking and CPR Class tomorrow. I can't believe this is what it's taken to get me to take one. I've been talking about it since she was born and only now am I actually going to go. Stupid me!
PS...the real pictures aren't blurry like these appear to be. They're only like this on this blog because I scanned them in!
Enjoy!