June 29, 2006

Ok...I need to vent!!!

Where the heck does an almost 3 year old little girl, who doesn't go to preschool and isn't around many other kids get head lice????? Yeah...we got em! Thankful it was only Rebecca and not Joe and I. That may sound cruel...but that just makes matters worse. Yesterday she came up to me and asked me to scratch her head. I thought she was just wanting to snuggle and be a little love. And then again today she came up to me and did the same thing. Of course I laid her on my lap and played with her hair until she fell asleep, and then it caught my eye. This little thing. So I kept looking and OMG!!!! Off to the drug store! Now, anyone who knows me knows my house is very clean-always. We shower daily-I've never gotten them, how did she? I felt horrible and dirty. So I went up to the lady behind the pharmacy desk and whispered oh so softly to her and she laughed, took me to the stuff and told me it's ok. She said everyone at one point or another gets them and it doesn't matter if you're rich, poor, clean or dirty. That really didn't make me feel any better, but ok-whatever. So we came home and started the dreadful process of shampoo that kills, going through it piece by piece. I did find some bugs-which I've never seen before. As a former hairstylist I used to see alot of the 'nits' but never the bugs. I was grossed out and tried really hard to keep my composure in front of this poor baby girl of mine. But I got them all out and boy was Rebecca a trooper! I even did my own hair just to be safe. I made Joe stop and get 2 more boxes on his way home just in case. I checked him too and he didn't have any. But of course he and I were itching up a storm...I am now just thinking about it...I bet you are too just reading this huh? HA HA! Anyway, that's not all...I've stipped the beds, sprayed everywhere and hope they go away. I think I caught them really early, she didn't have a lot of eggs in her hair which means they haven't been there very long-a day or two maybe. Rachel mentioned that she could've gotten them from the seats at the Sesame St. Live show we went to on Saturday. Or even yesterday when we went to Kmart and she just had to lay down in the bottom of the cart. Who knows. But yuck anyway. Ok, thanks for listening and letting me gross you out.

2 comments:

Stahl family said...

OH YUCK!! Poor Julie! (and Rebecca)

I hope the bugs packed up and left in a heartbeat! Or better yet, just keeled over and withered away to nothingness!

Myldy said...

You can pick those little things up anywhere.........and they jump up to 6 feet!!!!! Believe me I know about that from working Peds. They hit anyone and anywhere.No need to panic.