Well my brothers funeral was nice. A lot of work, but it was exactly how he would've wanted it. We dressed him in his Harley T-Shirt and shorts. We put his sunglasses on top of his head where they always were and his cross necklace and wedding ring. He looked great, just like he was sleeping. I took pictures. I don't know what made me want to. Is that bad??? I guess because it's still so unbelievable to me that I wanted them so that when I got back I could sit down and see it and believe it. It didn't work. I am still very much in denial. BUT, I'm glad I went down early to help because my poor sister-in-law and nephew were a total mess and just couldn't do it. I'm glad I could be of some help and that helped me some too.
I was glad I was able to see the rest of my family minus my brother Todd. He wasn't able to travel to come up. But I got to see my family from Tennessee and those in Texas. It was nice even under the circumstances. Rebecca was able to meet a couple of her 2nd cousins she's hadn't met: Suzanna and Nathaniel "Boogie". Here's Rebecca and Suzanna. I couldn't get a good one of Boogie...he wouldn't sit still long enough! LOL!
Last Monday (just before I found out & the day we got back) we took Rebecca to the Kern County Fair. Here's a few pictures of that.
Me and Rebecca on top of the Ferris Wheel..did I mention I'm afraid of heights?
Joe and Rebecca getting on the swings.
The 3 of us on Sunday...we're all jet lagged but had a good time anyway.
Rebecca with the Budweiser Clydesdale Horses...they were so beautiful.
And petting her first lamb...she just learned about them in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment