Hello again!
What a week we've had. Rebecca is sick. She came down with a runny nose on Sunday and I thought she just had a cold. I thought she had picked it up from one of the other kids in our playgroup. Her temperature had been up and down, but it was never too high for me to really worry about. I put a call into her Dr. here and she just told me to try some different over the counter stuff-so I did. But last night around 7:30pm she was really acting strange. She was just lying there so I took her temperature again and it was 102.9! So Joseph and I decided to take her to the emergency room to get checked. Well when we got there they retook her temp. and it had gone up to 103.4 and 25 minutes later it had gone up to 103.9. So they gave her more Tylenol on top of the Motrin and Amoxicillian they had given her earlier when we got there. Finally about an hour later it had come back down to 102, so they let us go home. Half an hour later when we got home, her temp. was down to 97.8. She went straight to bed (actually she fell asleep in the car) and slept all night long. She didn't even wake up once. It turns out that she has a Middle Ear Infection. So they prescribed her antibiotics for 10 days and I have to take her back on Tuesday for a check-up. I hope she is better in time for our trip to Montana on Wednesday. I have to get the Dr. to release her to fly. They say it's not good to fly with an ear infection, but I think she'll be well enough by then. Plus there are a number of things we can do to help her ears in the plane to avoid the pressure on them.
What a week we've had. Rebecca is sick. She came down with a runny nose on Sunday and I thought she just had a cold. I thought she had picked it up from one of the other kids in our playgroup. Her temperature had been up and down, but it was never too high for me to really worry about. I put a call into her Dr. here and she just told me to try some different over the counter stuff-so I did. But last night around 7:30pm she was really acting strange. She was just lying there so I took her temperature again and it was 102.9! So Joseph and I decided to take her to the emergency room to get checked. Well when we got there they retook her temp. and it had gone up to 103.4 and 25 minutes later it had gone up to 103.9. So they gave her more Tylenol on top of the Motrin and Amoxicillian they had given her earlier when we got there. Finally about an hour later it had come back down to 102, so they let us go home. Half an hour later when we got home, her temp. was down to 97.8. She went straight to bed (actually she fell asleep in the car) and slept all night long. She didn't even wake up once. It turns out that she has a Middle Ear Infection. So they prescribed her antibiotics for 10 days and I have to take her back on Tuesday for a check-up. I hope she is better in time for our trip to Montana on Wednesday. I have to get the Dr. to release her to fly. They say it's not good to fly with an ear infection, but I think she'll be well enough by then. Plus there are a number of things we can do to help her ears in the plane to avoid the pressure on them.
So anyway, now more than ever, I am looking forward to getting away for a quick, but relaxing vacation. I like it at Gwen & Roberts house. They live out in the country, so I'm looking forward to just walking around and sitting out on their porch with a hot cup of coffee just listening to the sound of "Quiet". And if we're lucky, it'll snow a bit while we're there. Rebecca's cousin, Kevin, is practicing reading a book so he can read it to Rebecca. She is just going to love that. She'll have a lot of fun with him. She's always seems to like bigger kids. I think, that she thinks, she's as big as they are. She's not intimidated by them at all. I think that's good.
So everyone pray for Rebecca to get better and that our trip goes on with out anymore problems.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and I'll let you know how the trip went when we get back.