November 04, 2004

Our First Day to BLOG!

Today is our first day to share on our "Blog". It's exciting to be able to let family members and friends see what we're up to on a day to day or week to week basis. It's really hard to be away from everyone, so maybe this will make things better!
Things are great in California. But it looks as though things could be coming to an end much quicker than expected-which is good. Joe's boss came to him the other day asking when his contractor was going to be done. They want them done by Dec. 10th. So we just might be back in Texas by Christmas. Joe seems to think that's unlikely and it'll probably be more like Jan. 10th instead. There are 2 job possibilities right now. The first being in WISCONSIN! YUCK!!!! I'm fighting tooth and nail against that one. And the other in Freeport, Texas, which is the one we really want. They're both new Power Plants being constructed. Joe's boss seems to think we have a good chance for us to get that one. BUT, they really want him in Wisconsin too. I know if I pray hard enough, we'll be in Freeport before we know it. Anyway, if we do get to Freeport, we'll sell our house in Longview and buy one in Lake Jackson which is only 8 miles from the job. Joseph would go there in the construction end of it and then, if things go our way, stay on there permanently in the maintanence end of it. That's what we're praying for anyway.
Rebecca is doing great! I tell you, she is amazing. She is really funny too. She has a very funny personality and is constantly making Joseph and I laugh-hard! For those of you who don't know, she is a "Barney" fanatic. She eats, sleeps, breaths Barney. She could absolutley watch it all day long if I let her. She has 9 or 10 Barney movies, but she like this one movie the most and usually only wants to watch it. Her Dr. says it's ok, so I guess it is. She said they learn by repetition. Just this week she has learned how to wave 'bye bye', and of course she was waving 'bye bye' to Barney. And she also learned how to flap her arms like a duck. It's amazing how those little things are so significant when it's your child.
Anyway, we love everyone and I hope you look this up from time to time to see new pictures (and old ones) of Rebecca!