November 09, 2004

November 9, 2004

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. We're great.
I got a great break from wife and mommy hood last night. The playgroup (Monkey Moms) that Rebecca and I belong to, had the very first MNO (aka: Moms Night Out). It was a great time. Only 4 of us could make it, but we had dinner at Chili's and talked for hours. They were pretty much closing down the restaurant when we finally left. The time went by so quickly-we didn't even realize it. They are a great bunch of gals! It was a little strange coming home with Rebecca and Joe already in bed. They must have had a great time too-the house looked normal (messy) and they were sleeping like babies. Apparently they didn't miss me too much-that's good!
Well I'm going to post a new picture of Rebecca. Her daddy bought her her first coloring book and colors. And of course I had to take a picture, because that's what I do. I ended up having to take them away from her, because it turned out that she likes eating the colors more than coloring with them. And she won't listen to the word "No". Oh well, it may be too soon for that still. We'll try again another time. But to replace that, I got her a Magna Doodle. She likes it too, but still she just puts the pen in her mouth.
Well our plans for Thanksgiving have changed. We went back to our original plans and are going up to Montana. Elizabeth, Kyle and Kevin are going to meet us up there. It turns out that that was easiest for everyone. And I really had no business hosting a Thanksgiving. I mean I can barely cook an egg, what made me think I could do an entire Thanksgiving dinner? Silly me! I am excited! I love Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to seeing them all. Rebecca doesn't get to see her Grandma and Paw Paw Gairing very much and we never get to see Elizabeth, Kyle and Kevin. So this is good.
My New Year's resolution is going to be-trying to see them and my sister Cathy more often. I have only seen my sister Cathy once in 4 years. That's no good. They've only seen Rebecca once-same with Elizabeth. So that's important for me to fix it.
Well that's it for today. Talk to everyone soon!