November 19, 2004

November 19, 2004

Update! Rebecca does not have an ear infection afterall-yeah!!!
I took her into her Dr.s office today because she woke up with a rash-arrgh!! I thought she was having a reaction to the antibiotics the emergency room put her on. But as it turns out she just has a virus. This virus is causing the stuffy nose and the rash. Since these are the only 2 symptoms, the Dr. said she wouldn't even consider it being a cold. As far as the ears, she said they both looked beautiful and healthy and she gave the 'All Clear' to fly on Wednesday. The explaination she gave as far as the ER Dr. saying it was and ear infection is that when a child has a fever or has been crying (which Rebecca was), sometimes they don't get a good look at the eardrum. That he probably was looking more to the side of the eardrum at the skin which was probably really red due to the fever and the crying episode. I am so glad she is ok. I just feel like a load was lifted off of my shoulders. So she said just in case and to be on the safe side, keep her on the antibiotics up to 5 days, not the original 10 she was suppose to be on. So only 3 more days of medicine!