August 23, 2006

Getting ready to Party...

I can not believe my baby is turning 3 on Sunday! Time just flies by huh? She's getting really excited for her Strawberry Shortcake party. Yesterday she asked me if we could make a 'Practice cake'. Where did that come from? And how could I say no to that? So we did. She enjoyed it! I made a small calendar that we taped up on the wall and every night (a whole 2 nights in a row) we pull off a number before bed so she knows how many more days until her party and her birthday. It's really a lot of fun this year now that she understands what it is.
She's shocked me with a few things these last few days. Yesterday while riding in the car, she was telling me how pretty Minnie Mouse's dress is and then she asked me if I would buy her some dresses. You have no idea how happy that made me. I would love to see her in some pretty dresses. I love seeing how she is turning so 'girlie'. She used to dislike dresses altogether and she would play with her cars and trains long before she'd pick up a doll. Now she plays with her dolly's and pretend kitchen and those sorts of 'girlie' things. It's great to see that's all.
She really loves to dance and sing too. I actually have a tough decision to make...We took her to a Kindermusik class on Saturday. She was really shy, didn't participate and just wasn't into it. Then at the end of the class she liked it-for all of 5 minutes. She says she wants to go back. But then again, as much as she likes dancing and jumping and tumbling, I'm also thinking of putting her back into gymnastics or dance. I can't afford to do both-so I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a few more days where I can think about it before the deadline to sign her up for the music class. Any thoughts on that one?
So on Friday, Rachel and I are finally going to our AMERICAN IDOL concert in San Diego....YEAH!!! We're really excited about it. We both just love the show and we really loved this years singers, so we're going to have a lot of fun I think. I hope they let us take in cameras. If so I'll be posting some pictures of it. Also, next Sunday, I get to go to another Nascar race in Fontana. If you know me, you know I love Nascar. It's going to finish under the lights too and I've never been to one that has, so I'm really looking forward to that. Rebecca is going to spend the night over at Rachels house, so she'll be excited about that. She loves them. And Joe and I get a day and night to ourselves!
So yet again, another busy busy week. Talk to y'all soon!

2 comments:

Myldy said...

Sounds like a busy few days.....Rebecca is growing into quite the young lady. She will look adorable in "girlie" clothes, I can't wait to see the pictures.
Have fun at the American Idol! and Nascar...I know what an avid fan you are. What fun to actually be there.
Thanks soooo much for all the blog help....I promise not to touch it anymore. ;) HA!

Stahl family said...

I vote for music...she may always have an interest in dance and gymnastics, but the timing for the music class is limited. They don't have these kinds of classes for older kids and no guarantee that she will get it in school because of the lack of funds and whatever. So....I vote for music.