September 16, 2006

Disney Live! Mickey's Magic Show...

Last night we took Rebecca to an incredible show...(Thanks Lori and Garrett for thinking of us when buying these tickets!). We met Lori, Garrett, Faith and Mika at the Copley symphony Hall in San Diego to see Mickey's Magic Show. We thought it was fantastic! The costumes were fabulous and magic show was great. I'm still mezmerized on how they do that? How do they make the ladies float in mid air? I know there's got to be cables or something, but they make it look so real. I guess if I knew the secrets it wouldn't be as fascinating to me huh? Oh I guess I must mention how much Rebecca loved it too! I mean it is suppose to be about her...right? But I'm still a kid at heart too!!! The whole evening was just fabulous and I can't thank the Okamoto's enough...Thank you!
Unfortunately, they didn't allow cameras at all, so no pictures.
And in other news...Joes is at a golf tournament. I'm hosting Bunco tonight at my house, so I have to get my ass in gear and start cleaning and cooking. The host has to supply dinner...we're having lasagne, salad (with no pre-packaged spinach with a side of Ecoli), garlic bread and plenty of fattening snacks. And then tomorrow Joe is going surfing in Santa Clemente with some buddies. Not sure if I'm going...not a beach girl...I hate sand. Which is why I won't take Rebecca to parks that have sand. Then Monday, I'm starting my new diet...the one I lost so much weight on last year (Michael Thurmond's Six Week Body Makeover). I'm giving it another go of it. I went and bought a recumbent bike this week and set it up in my bedroom. How romantic. I was going to join a gym when I confessed to myself that I'd probably never go and what a waste of money we don't have. So this was a good decision on my part. I don't have to get dressed to go anywhere. I can get up and do it in my pj's. We'll see. I got to get it in gear if I plan to wear any kind of swimsuit in Hawaii in January. I can do this, I did it once and I'll do it again.
And what else...I'm looking into trading in my Tahoe for the car of my dreams. Got a great deal, just looking for the right one, right color, you know how it is... We shall see. I'm tired of spending $70 to fill up my Tahoe. Don't get me wrong, I love it. It's a great suv, but the gas is killing me. Even though gas prices are coming down, we all know they won't stay that way-especially with 2 new tropical storms in the Atlantic as we speak. I would love to keep the Tahoe and buy my dream car, but hey when I win the lottery, that's a possibility. Poor Joe, his truck is paid off and he'll be driving that thing until the wheels fall off so that I can have a new car every 3 years. Hey, you just can't risk breaking down when you carry precious cargo in a car seat. That's just how it is.
OK, I'm blabbing just to put off the obvious house cleaning...gotta go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we're happy you could join us for the show last night! It was lots of fun...we LOVE magic shows. And to make it a "Mickey's" Magic show... we thought it'd be a great way to show Faith her first magic show :-)

Before our wedding, we bought an elliptical machine and had it set up in the living room in our old condo in front of the TV. It was wonderful in helping me get in shape for the wedding but I completely abandoned it after the wedding. And it ended up in our bedroom after we had kids.. but I am finally admitting that I need to use it again and now try to go on it when Mika takes her naps. Having it at home really makes exercising so much easier!

Lucy Carrion-Barnes said...

The magic show sounds like so much fun! I bet you all had a great time. I can't wait for G&A to get older so we can start doing the shows and stuff... Hope you had fun at bunko!

Myldy said...

The magic show sounded great! I love them. Glad you and Becca had a great time.
Am going on the Six Week Body Makeover today too. Need to. Good luck on your makeover! Looking forward to it actually. Using the treadmill in the basement while watching an hour long show of some sort.
Would love to see Joe riding those waves! Good luck Joe!

Jewl said...

Sounds fun... I have issues too with cars... I buy a new one like every year, I need help! LOL

Stahl family said...

As always, you are busy busy busy...

when you are in Hawaii in January, you just HAVE to get out in the ocean (on a boat!) and see the whales! They were the most amazing beings!