September 03, 2006

Nascar...here we come!

Beautiful Sunset over the track
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jeff Gordon

UPDATE: So Jeff did not win (Whaaaaaaa), but he did come in 5th...which is really good. If he finishes in the top 10 in the next race he'll clinch a spot in the championship race. It was a great race though. He led a lot of laps and probably would've won had his front tire changer not screwed up his tire and made him come back into the pits a 2nd time! UGH...this is what you get paid for guy...do your job right (insert %&^%$@$! here)! It was so exciting. We were in row 11 so we were pretty close to the track but yet high enough up to see almost all the way around the track. We were right across from Jeffs pit stall so we had a good view of that too. When we first got there, we got to see TNT doing their pre-race show live. It was really super hot too. It was 106 and felt even hotter. But as the sun started setting it really cooled of and was really nice. They come back in February, so definitely getting tickets for that one!
WHOOO HOOOO! I love Nascar! Joe and I are headed to Fontana for the race tonight. I really hope Jeff Gordon wins. I've never been to a race were he's won! He's gotten close but never won. Maybe tonights the night...we shall see. Rebecca's headed over to her friends house (Josh) to spend the night. She's very excited about it too. This morning she came in and said she had turned off her TV and was ready to go. I've been telling her for a while now that she was going to sleep over there while mommy and daddy went to see Jeff Gordon. So she says this morning, " I'm going to sleep over at Josh's house and you are going to sleep with Jeff Gordon!". Too funny! (All I thought was...I wish-ha ha). I thought that was cute! As Roz said..."What comes out of the mouths of kids."
Anyway, wish Jeff luck!

3 comments:

Myldy said...

Have a wonderful and fun time! I wish Jeff luck!. Burn rubber Jeff!

Anonymous said...

Very funny! Have a great time. Here's to a Jeff Gordon win :-).

Myldy said...

Hired help is hard to find.........better luck next race! So glad you had a great time.
Looking forward to hearing about the race in Feb.