September 11, 2006

Nice, Busy weekend...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Well let's see what did I/We do this weekend...
Joe got up early and played golf on Saturday to be back by 1:00 so I could go have my hair done. I got a really cute haircut when I was up in San Jose a couple of months ago and went in to touch it up and get some highlights...you know to cover the gray areas. Well she did a great job on it as usual. However, on my instruction, it's a bit shorter in the back than I really like. I thought I'd like it shorter since I've never had a short haircut...I don't like it so much. Oh well it'll grow out I guess.
Then on Sunday, got up early and did the whole grocery shopping thing by myself...which is a treat in itself. Spent way more money than necessary and came home with plenty of un-needed things, but it was fun none the less. Then we all took a nap (couple hours at least). Then we got up, drove to Murrieta and went and played putt putt golf at Muligans. Rebecca's first time and I have to say she did really well! I think we may have a female Tiger Woods on our hands. She played 5 of the 18 'holes' and made par on all of them basically. We were shocked! Joe's a golfer and she got him on a few shots. That's my girl. I did get pictures, just haven't downloaded them yet...I will when I feel like it.
So today I went and ran some errands and went to Target and picked up a few more things I really didn't need and in doing so I stumbled across a book that caught my eye... "What Do You Do All Day?" by Amy Scheibe. I've heard that question before being said to me, so I picked it up. No for someone (me) who really doesn't read books because I can never find one I really, really like and keeps me entertained...I've already read half of this book and I only started it at 3:00 this afternoon. I love it! I could have easily been the one who wrote it. It's about me and probably every other Stay At Home Mom out there. WOW! It's funny, sarcastic and sad...in a good way. Writtin by a mother of 2 who quit her career to raise her kids and the wonder in the back of her head...Did I make a Big Mistake? We as SAHM's know we didn't-because there's no bigger investment than our kids, but don't you wonder? Well takes you through all of those thoughts/feelings of working, discipline, how we give in to make things easier, poopy diapers, friends, jealousy and our love lives, but puts in a story that has cracked me up more than a few times today. So as a Non-Reader, I'm highly suggesting it to you-it's good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I know your hair looks cute (loved it when last I saw you!). And GO Rebecca!! Ok, and lastly I get asked that a lot - what do I do all day as a SAHM. I'll have to try and make the time to read it (right now reading articles in magazines is the extent of my reading..nice and quick). I miss reading books! Thanks for the recommendation, though :-).

Jewl said...

The book sounds interesting... might have to check it out. I need to get my grey highlights taken care of soon too! LOL

Myldy said...

Hey sounds like you had a great weekend! Rebecca may be the next world champ golfer...you just never know.
I bet your hair is cute...I don't think I've ever known you to have a bad cut.
You work hard all day with a 3 year old.....I know what it's like. Phewwwww! It's busy! You're a great Mom.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great book! I love to read...but you I get sidetracked with the magazines stacking up on me, surfing the web, and you know ... stuff! I really want to get to a book soon ...I am not letting myself buy more books until I finish what I have on my bookshelf!

Lucy Carrion-Barnes said...

Glad you had a good weekend! It's fun shopping for stuff you don't really need. :) I do that often... I will definitely have to check out the book you mentioned. I can relate to that, since becoming a wife and mom, my life and prespective has changed so much. Being a mom is the hardest job I've ever had!

Stahl family said...

Holy Heavens! You are busy! WTG with all that unnecessary shopping! I love unnecessary shopping!

Speaking of shopping...I gave up my career to raise my 2 kids. gonna have to read this one to see what she says. I wouldn't trade it for anything! (at least not today) :P