The fire on the mountain behind us is out, however the evil thing still rages on with over 25,000 acres burned in less than 2 days and only 5% contained. The news is saying this is one of the fastest growing fires California has seen in at least 10 years if not longer. Hwy. 79 is still shut down and the fire jumped 79 and has reached the dump that is near by. That's only going to make things worse when it does reach it. Today the ash in air is far worse than it was yesterday. At some times today it looked as though it were snowing lightly with big ash flakes. But the sky seemed more clear today and even saw sun a few times. Must be the way the wind is blowing. Washed the car just to get the soot off-only for it to pile back on. I literally have 1/2" of ash on the edges of my driveway.
Rebecca keeps asking to go outside, but that's impossible. We were busy today though. I went and got my California drivers license...almost failed the darn thing. I swear the questions are trick questions. Went to Wal-Mart and got a comfy pair of Dr. Scholls tennis shoes to wear to Disneyland tomorrow. And she had her 2nd swimming lesson. So I kept her pretty busy. I also went by the Hemet High School here (this is the official evacuation facility) and put our name on the RedCross list incase they need anything or any help. I only saw a couple of familes staying there, so that's a good sign. I really want to help with this, since it's hitting so close to home. Rebecca has her first Dance class in the morning then we're scooting off to Disneyland. I'm really excited to see her face when she see's the 'real Minnie and Mickey'. It's going to be loads of fun. We'll stay the entire day and into the night so we got a hotel right there that will shuttle us to and from the park. That way we can go rest and then go back after dinner to see it at night with all the Halloween stuff they have going on. And we don't have to worry about driving back tired. We can enjoy it.
My Neice and her husband and kids are going to be coming in for a couple of days next week, from Texas. His family is in Long Beach and Riverside. It will be nice to see them and I hope they get here in time to have Desma (their 3 year old daughter) go trick-or-treating with Rebecca. It will be nice to see them.
Anywho...there's my update. I'll let you know if anything else changes!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update.. so glad you guys are doing okay!
Happy to see that things are going well there....You'll have a wonderful time in Disneyland...I wish we could be there too.
That's terrific about family coming...so great to see family.
Post a Comment