May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Rebecca Jacqueline, August 27, 2003, 9 lbs 3.2 oz, 21" long.


Happy Mothers Day to all the Mother's in my life! We deserve this day to call our own!
This is one of the many times a year where I really miss my mom. She's been gone now for 8 1/2 years. I miss that she never knew Rebecca and how spoiled Rebecca would be if she were alive. I wished we wouldn't have wasted all the years when she were alive. I wished I wouldn't have taken her for granted like all kids do. Expecting to have the years ahead of you to make up for it. If you're lucky you do. But, she knew how much I loved her even at her last breath, she knew. I'm lucky in that sense, not everyone gets that chance. And I'm reminded about that everytime I hear the Garth Brook song "The Dance".
Also, this time of year makes me remember when I was pregnant. I LOVED BEING PREGNANT! I can't stress that enough...Well when I was a week overdue, I probably didn't love it as much...but you forget those things. So I'm going to post some pictures of me when I was pregnant, because a lot of my friends and family didn't get to see. Now I have to warn you...some are not attractive-but those of you who have been pregnant can relate!
Enjoy!

4.5 months
5.5 months
36 Weeks
Overdue and miserable. WHOA...look at those stretch marks...I still have them!
1st try at induction...didn't work...retried 4 days later...26 hours of labor that ended in emergency C-Section.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the pictures are beautiful! Especially since I didn't get to see you pregnant. Your mother was a wonderful woman and I am very glad I got to meet her. I know this is a hard time of year, but be grateful you get to experience it. You have a beautiful daughter and a wonderful husband. We are so blessed! I love ya'll and I wish you a very happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Those are wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting them! I'm sorry this time of the year brings such a sad memory -- I do feel very lucky as I know my own mother lost hers when she was 3 years old. I can't even imagine how hard life must be without a mother to go to.

Rebecca was such a big beautiful baby! I'm sorry you had such a hard time with delivery but all your hardwork delivered a beautiful baby girl that has grown to be such a sweet and brilliant "big" girl :-) She's very lucky to have you as her mother. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures, Julie! Rebecca is so blessed to have you as her Mommy. And you look gorgeous! I am sorry you're missing your Mom - celebrate Mom's day knowing how lucky you and her both were to have had each other..and how lucky Rebecca is to have you. A great big Happy Mother's Day to you - you're a fantastic Mommy. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I feel ya--Katy

Anonymous said...

too bad you don't have the pic of you and me trying to hug at mom's house...or maybe thats a good thing.--katy

Myldy said...

What a beautiful lady you are carrying Becca. You are a great Mom and your Mom knows that you think of her and love her. I know it's hard not to be able talk with her but she knows...she hears you. She is always with you.

Stahl family said...

It's been a long time since I caught up on your blog, but congrats on potty training. You must be quite proud!

Happy Mother's Day to you! Rebecca is lucky to have you and you her. I hope you always have special memories at this time of year!