May 11, 2006

Where have I been?




I honestly don't know. It has just been a really crazy, buzy, hectic week-since last Thursday.
Last Thursday was our great friend Dana's Birthday. So we had dinner with him, Rachel and this kids. But on top of that Rachel and I both had dentist appointments that morning...one right after the other-worked out good, we both got to watch the kids. We switched off at the dentists office. Then we had softball after dinner-where I played. Did I mention that I suck at softball. I guess I played baseball as a kid and was pretty good, because when I got up there to swing, the bat was way too light and I was hitting at the air not the ball. Suppose to play again tonight, but I'm going to either sit out at the car with Rebecca or stay at home. Oh yeah...we lost-like 100-0.
Then on Friday Dana and Joe took off work and we all went to Pomona, Ca. to a Goodguys car show. It sucked basically. We went too early I think and on a Friday. Had we gone on Saturday it probably would've rocked. Then that evening Joe stayed home with Rebecca and I went to a Cinco De Mayo dinner with Rachel and Dana that Joe's boss set up. After dinner we walked down to a little club and we watched the guys get smashed and sing kareoke. That was fun.
OK...then on Saturday, Joe's job put on a crawfish boil at Lake Perris. That was ok too. Played a little volleyball (which I'm much better at than softball), talked with a dear friend that came in from Minnesota (WHO DIDN'T BRING HIS WIFE........SHAME ON YOU PAUL!) and got a tan.
Sunday, we worked in the yard, Joe went on a motorcycle ride for several hours, I clean house. You know all those things I neglected the previous days. Monday we went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner (I'll explain in a minute) and Tuesday nothing. Wednesday-dentist and....here's the kicker....And to top off the week....Rebecca is fully potty trained. She decided the other day after reading her potty book that she was going to poop in the potty and she did-twice! So we took her to Chuck E Cheese, which is where she wanted to go if she did it. I'm so proud. I did have to change 1 diaper Monday morning, but not since and it's been so nice. She even went yesterday all by herself. I was out in the back yard and she came out saying she went poop in the potty. I went in there and sure enough she did. Wiped herself and everything. I just can't stop saying how proud of her I am. And on top of that, she's going in the big potty not her little one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations Rebecca! That's awesome she's fully potty trained. Isn't it great too when they go in the big potty and you don't need to rinse out the small one? We made that change for Faith in our downstairs bathroom which is the one she mainly uses.

Congrats also on that beautiful backyard! The grass looks great!

Anonymous said...

Go Rebecca!! That is wonderful news! We're so proud of her. Sounds like busy times. Backyard looks beautiful :-)! Miss you guys.

Myldy said...

Well....it's great to see that Becca is doing it on her own!! Hurrah!!! and Congrats on that.....she's a little Lady now.

Wish... I could have come to the Crawfish feast.....I know... he always leaves me behind!! ;) SDure would have been nice to see everyone. But we will be there this fall!!!!

The sod looks wonderful....we did it ourselves in the Nevada house....never again....we're too old! LOL Your yard looks great! Good work.

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Joe looks REALLY excited!!--Katy