May 01, 2006

What am I doing up at 2:00 in the morning???

3 days in pre-school and Rebecca's already sick. She and Joe went to the movies last night while I had a Home Interiors Party...if that's what you want to call it...anyway when they got home (early...I'll fill you in on that) Rachel realized she was burning up. So all last night and today we've fought the fever. Also today she's been saying something was in her ear. It didn't even occur to me until this evening that she may have an ear infection or at the least an ear ache...which would explain the fever. So call me a wimp, but the 12 hours of free time I get while she is in school doesn't warrant the 18 plus hours I've lost in sleep this weekend because she's sick. SO...no more school for now. Joe is happy about that since he wasn't too keen on her being in school anyway. He said he'd give me Saturdays off if I'd just keep her out of school for now anyway.
So anyway, last month I took Rebecca to see 'Curious George' and she did great at the movies and loved it. Then last night Joe took her to see 'The Wild' so I could have my party. Anyway, the movie is Rated G, but should really be rated at least PG if not PG-13. Joe said (and so did my neighbor who has a 9 year old) it was really violent! It scared Rebecca and they ended up leaving about 40 minutes into it. What a bummer. So if anyone's going to see it...be warned. I thought the previews looked really cute.
My party...what a joke. I invited 16 people...mostly neighbors so we could all get to know each other. Only 3 showed up. Rachel (you all know her by now-thanks for coming Rach- and Leah (she works with Joe) and only 1 neighbor came...at least she had an excuse. The other 2 that said they were coming, didn't bother showing up or calling. And another one did come by today and tell me she was in an accident and was at the emergency room...I forgive her! (I'm glad she's ok). I had a ton of food. Oh well...won't be doing that again. I hate rejection. OH WELL-what to do!
Anyway, that's why I'm up at 2:00 (really 2:23). Rebecca woke up hungry, then didn't want to go back to sleep...don't really blame her though-she slept quite a bit today. I'm suppose to go to get my final 3 fillings tomorrow, but instead I'm going to reschedule that and get her to the Dr to have that ear looked at. Hopefully it's just a bug and not an ear infection. I'll let you all know how it goes!

2 comments:

Stahl family said...

So Sorry! I hate when they get sick! It's miserable for everyone! I also feel for you about the party. I once gave Dave a birthday party (that I planned for weeks) and NOT ONE PERSON showed! GRRRR!

Myldy said...

Ohhh poor Becca.....ears are the worst. And you no sleep.....that isn't a picnic either.

I know about the party thing....that's why I don't give them anymore.