February 11, 2007

A lot going on...nothing to say...

That sums it up. Busy, Busy week and weekend. And this week is even busier with lots of playgroup activities.
Tomorrow, I have my very 1st Relay for Life meeting as a Team Captain. Last June I participated in one up North with Rachel and since she's not here, I decided to start my own team (no worries Rach...If you come here this summer to do yours...I'll be there too!). Hemet does theirs a little different. They choose themes every year and this year it's all about Major League Baseball. I'll see what our team name will be at our meeting. We're hoping for the LA Dodgers...but if we can't get that one then maybe the Houston Astros since I'm a Texas Girl! And we'll decorate our campsite around our team. I'm working on getting a Corporate Sponsor right now. If I can get a donation of $500.00 then the ACS will waive $150.00 of my Team registration fees. So keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I'm not having any trouble getting members to help walk...the problem is getting members to walk at night. Most of my members so far are all parents and just can't commit to an all nighter. I'll keep working on it though. I'll do my best...it's my first year to do it. I have that good vs. evil thing going on. You know with the angels on your shoulders. The bad one saying: "Ah, it was a good thought, but why stress yourself, you're already losing valuable sleep over it. Just forget it". And the good one saying: "Come on! You can do it! How hard is it to get people together, raise some money and stay up 24 hours straight"? My big thing is, what if I don't or can't find anyone to stay all night...I'll have to walk it myself! Which is really not the case since I've got at least 2 other people committed to an all nighter. We'll see...I can only do my best and that's all I can do. No matter what...we'll raise some money and it'll go to a much needed cause. I am however, taking ideas from Rachels team and applying them to mine as far as raffles. She had some good ideas and I'm going to use 'em too!
I missed a birthday party today. HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY MIKA! I'm sorry we couldn't make it! I hope it was a good one and you had a great time with all of your friends. We have a gift for you and will mail it soon. Sorry that's late too. I had good intentions of getting it out in time...but didn't happen. Again, Happy Birthday sweetie pie! We love ya!
Well I'm officially a really bad mom! I got a new camera for Christmas and since then haven't take any pictures of Rebecca. I going to make it my mission to take some this week of her.
She's getting so big I forget she's only 3. She's adding and subtracting up to 10 and has been for several months now. We add more numbers all the time. But I've been so consumed with other things haven't mentioned it. She can easily count to 128 with little or no help and knows them by sight. She knows all of her letters by sight and sound-upper and lower case...she can write them too. We're now working on putting the sounds together and making words. I was reading by late my 4th year and well before I started Kindergarten. I taught myself too. I spent a lot of time in my room by myself and had nothing else to do (parents were drunks). Once I learned the sounds I figured it out all on my own. 'Black Beauty' was the book I first read...about a black horse falling into the frozen pond (I think...it's been a while). I'll teach Rebecca too...she won't have to do it by herself...although I'm sure she would eventually. I remember being the only one in my Kindergarten class who could read and my teacher let me do the story times while she did her thing. It was cool and I felt cool too! She can draw amazingly well. She's addicted to the 'Cars' movie and for Christmas her Grandma Pizzitola gave her a book that was attached to one of those magnetic boards you can draw and erase on. Well the book was step by step directions on how to draw the cars themselves...and she's mastered Lightning McQueen and does really well on the others. So much so that she can even draw it on paper without looking and it looks just like it. I wonder if she'll still like drawing as she gets older. I was a good drawer too...but I had to look at something to draw it. Now...I can't draw a circle.
Well that about sums it up for now. A lot going on...not much worth mentioning on here. Pictures of Becca this week...promise!

2 comments:

Myldy said...

Well...sounds like you're going to do just fine with the all nighter and also for the day walks. It just takes time. If I was there I would do the all nighter with you...yes I would.

Rebecca sounds just like my son...he too was reading writing and +/- before kindergarted...but unfortuntely his teacher didn't like that he was so smart and therefore didn't challenge him. Damn her.... Keep Rebbeca going...she will be the best in the class.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, being a parent isn't an excuse not participate at night. It's a lot colder in Monterey then Hemet and my kids have particpated for 3 years with me. Yes, Josh is only 3 now. He was 7 months for my first Relay and he stayed all night with me. We had our tent and sleeping bags set up and checked on the kids through out the night. So, use that one if you need to! I'm really happy you decided to do this. It's a great cause.

Love ya and miss ya!
Me~