Yes...she is still wearing that dang Minnie Mouse dress from Halloween. I've only just now got her to forget about the shoes that went with it...2 sizes too small. She didn't care how bad her feet hurt, she'd still wear 'em. I've convinced her that her tap shoes are prettier and they look just like the glass slippers Cinderella wears. Now she doesn't stop wearing those. At least they fit-for a while anyway.
It's been busy. Lots going on with my playgroup. I'm loving it. My Relay For Life team is coming along well. I even got a corporate sponsor! Thanks Calpine! It's keeping my busy that's for sure. I'm looking forward to it.
Rebecca and I have been sick all week with head colds. Yuck. My TMJ has been bothering the crap out of me. Nothing is working. Not Tylenol, warm or cold compresses. It's been going on for about 2 weeks now. I should go to my dentist, but he'll just ask me why I haven't been wearing my mouth guard he made me. I just don't think I can tell him that it's a piece of SH%T and it makes things even worse! Any advice out there in blog world?
I have nothing to do tomorrow except take Becca to dance class at 4. I'm going to do nothing until then...I can't wait!
Well that's the low down here. You still awake? BORING STUFF!
Enjoy the picture.
2 comments:
Here's a few ideas....good luck
Support your jaw. Get a mouth guard. Wearing one will hold your jaw steady and may temporarily deal with your symptoms, says Dr. Gross.
Give up the bagels. Limit yourself to soft and liquid food for a while and see if this helps, suggests Harold T. Perry, D.D.S., Ph.D., a professor of orthodontics at Northwestern University Dental School and editor of a dental medical journal that focuses on TMJ problems.
Take an aspirin and give yourself a rub. "Aspirin is a marvelous drug for any muscle or joint problem," says Dr. Perry. He suggests one tablet followed up several minutes later with a brisk self-massage of the jaw using a hot washcloth.
Check your body position. If you work at a desk, check your body position throughout the day. Make sure you—and especially your chin—are not leaning over the desk, says Owen J. Rogal, D.D.S., executive director of the American Academy of Head, Facial, and Neck Pain, and TMJ Orthopedics. His Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, practice specializes in TMJ problems. As a general guideline for sitting or standing, your cheekbone should be over your clavicle, and your ears should not be too far in front of your shoulders, he says.
Many people with TMJ also have back problems. The two are interrelated, Dr. Rogal says, not two separate problems.
Throw away your pillow. Instead, tuck yourself in with a thin towel rolled up under your neck (to about the thickness of your wrist). Have another towel under your back and a pillow under your knees. Sleeping in this position—on your back throughout the entire night—can be very relaxing to your jaws and "critical" to overcoming TMJ, says Dr. Rogal. But what if you generally sleep on your side? He suggests placing a beanbag on either side of your head to stop you from rolling over into that position.
Limit your jaw movement. Don't make like the MGM lion. If you feel a yawn coming, restrict it by holding a fist under your chin, says Andrew S. Kaplan, D.M.D., an assistant clinical professor of dentistry at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine of the City University of New York and author of The TMJ Book.
Seven Nasty Habits to Break
Overcoming TMJ is very much a matter of what you don't do, claims Andrew S. Kaplan, D.M.D. If any of these habits are yours—pay attention! These tips may be of help to you.
Don't:
Lie on your stomach with your head twisted to one side.
Lie on your back with your head propped up at a sharp angle for reading or watching television.
Cradle the telephone between your shoulder and chin.
Prop your chin on one or both of your hands for too long.
Carry a heavy shoulder bag with the strap on the same shoulder for an extended period.
Do work, such as painting a ceiling, that requires looking up for long periods of time.
Wear high heels.
Stop grinding your teeth. It exacerbates TMJ troubles.
What a beautiful princess! Sorry to read about the TMJ, I have similar issues, too. YUCK! Wanna reconnect with Dr. Steve ;-)??
Post a Comment