February 12, 2007

Please Support Me in the fight against cancer!

Dear Friends and Family,

All of us are touched in a very personal way by cancer. Whether it's our loved ones or friends, each of us has suffered losses from this disease.

To help support the fight against cancer, I will be participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life at the West Valley High School in Hemet on April 28 and 29, 2007. The event began in 1985, when Dr. Gordon Klatt ran and walked for 24 hours on a Tacoma, Washington track and raised $27,000 for the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life is now the American Cancer Society's national signature event. I need your help to make it a success!

In 2004-2005, 254 California Relay communities raised $28,718,797. Nationwide, 4,346 communities raised $351,605,000 through Relay For Life. This year we want to surpass that amount. I invite you to help us meet this challenge through your sponsorship. Please feel free to donate directly to my team through the PayPal button on the right of this screen. ALL funds raised go directly to cancer research, education and patient service programs. If you are uncomfortable donating online, please make a check payable to the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY and mail it directly to me at my address: Julie Pizzitola, 1836 Montara Way, San Jacinto, CA. 92583
Our Team will start to walk at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 28, and we'll continue through the night until 9 a.m. Sunday, April 29. Our commitment is to have a team member on the track at all times for the duration of the event.
Please help make a difference in the fight against cancer.
Thank you for being a part of our team!
Yours truly,
Julie Pizzitola

2 comments:

Jewl said...

Good luck with your walk. I lost my cousin when she was only 30. She left two kids behind... It's an evil disease!

Myldy said...

You go girlfriend! I know you can do it! Wish I could be there walking with you. Mom's hair is starting to grow WOOHOO!