Here is Rebecca and our adopted neighborhood cat "Mr. White Kitty". This cat had been hanging around our apartment when we moved in but would never let us pet him. He was pretty wild. But over the course of a few weeks to a month or so I finally gained his trust and he started coming in and eating. Then one day he let me pet him and he's been around ever since. I believe he belonged to my neighbors that live next to me up stairs, but they've since moved and left him here. I have to say much to my delight. I really like this cat. He's very appreciative. Example: His friend Mr. Black Kitty comes over to eat also (he definitely has owners) and when Black Kitty comes over he heads straight to the food bowl, no hi, hello or anything. BUT Mr. White Kitty comes in and he wants love first before he eats and then he sticks around for more love afterwards. Where Mr. Black Kitty either leaves or goes to sleep. We're going to take Mr. White Kitty with us to our new home when we leave. About a month ago or so, I went to the shelter and adopted a 3 year old cat, but she just wasn't what we wanted. What I wanted was a cat like him. So we took her back to the shelter, the neighbors moved out and now White Kitty is ours! Yeah!! He's great. We are really enjoying him. He still goes out at night, but he's always at the back door when we get up in the morning. Rebecca always lets him in and says "Mornin pretty White Kitty!" As we get closer to our move date, I'll make sure that his owners are really gone and then take him to the vet and make sure he's up on vaccinations and get him neutered. I'm undecided on declawing him or not since he likes to go outside. What do you think? Is it mean to declaw a cat? Your opinions are appreciated since I'm sitting on the fence on this issue. Enjoy the picture!
3 comments:
Does he need his claws for anything? I'm pretty clueless on this but I'm thinking if they have no real use then it's better to declaw him.. but then again I'm guessing they must have a good purpose.. I'm just too braindead to know what it is.
If he is going to be an indoor cat, I would consider declawing the font paws. If he is going to be indoor/outdoor, I wouldn't declaw him. Get him a scratching post. Angel uses hers all the time. I cut her front claws only. Cats use their rear paws/claws when they fight. If the cat gets out you want him to be able to defend himself. From the gal that's had cats all her life.
She's a beauty! I love the coloring on her face. As for the declawing...well I always declawed (only the front ones) my cats just because it saves the furniture (usually shredded at night) and they never had problems when they went out at night. They were in good condition when they came home if they were out all night. Also when playing with kids the kids don't get scratched. Your call on that one. But she sure is pretty.
Post a Comment